• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty205xs

206 1.4 Hdi Brake Upgrade To Gti180 Calipers,discs And Pads

matty205xs

hi there, iv been offered a set of 206 gti180 calipers, discs, and pads for my 206 1.4 hdi but im unsure if they will fit as theyre for a petrol car and mines a diesel, can anyone offer any advise or has anyone done it before on here.

thanks matt.

welshpug

likely they will fit yes, somewhat overkill for a 70 bhp 206 however, massively heavy too and not cheap to buy the consumable parts.

you would be much better off getting brakes from a slightly lower spec 206, there's thousands of 266mm setups out there which would be more than sufficient (as are the standard brakes really)

matty205xs

right ok, if I were to upgrade them what kind of set up would you recommend i.e what calipers, discs and pads should I use to get better braking?

welshpug

see my post above.

matty205xs

right so id just be looking for 266m caliper and discs, what size are the standard ones?

wicked

Standard size on the 1.4 is 247mm, similar to the 205 gti.

The 266mm setup can be found on 206 GTI, 1.6 16v and several 307's. The calipers have same piston size as the gti180 brakes.

The gti180 setup can be a tight fit in 15" rims, depending on the placing of the balancing weights.

If the offer is a bargain, just go for it. If not, find a 266mm setup. Note that end of 2001, they changed the disc width of the 266mm (20.5->22mm). Don't mix discs/pads.

matty205xs

right ok thanks for the useful info ill have a look at the 266mm set ups as they sound abit better than the ones on the car now and ill also look out for the disc size differences. the brakes iv been offered are for £70 for the calipers, discs and yellow stuff pads, so before I think about buying them the guy is letting me have a look at them before hand so I can decide.

thanks matt.