• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_K

207Cc Keeps Stalling

James_K

A friend of mine has a 207cc 1.6 (that shares the same engine as some minis). Recently it has developed an intermittent fault where it will stall when at a standstill and won't restart without some help from the accelerator.

The car has been to both an independent and peugeot dealer who cannot find any fault with it.

Does anyone have any experience of these and any idea where to look?

Could it be a map sensor issue or vacuum leak?

Thanks

dcc

Possibly idle control valve issue? Not ever worked on one of these engines. Usually you can remove and degrease them to remove sludge.

James_K

That was my first thought as well Dan, but as far as I can tell they don't have an icv.

Was surprised the dealer couldn't be bothered to find the problem, their only recommendation was don't use supermarket fuel

From what I've seen this engine has a fairly poor reputation.

welshpug

no icv indeed, fbw throttle and all controlled by the ecu, essentially just opens it without adding lots of fuel as would happen if you moved the pedal.

I dont know if this engine is known for it but the older tu's with the fbw throttle did throw up problems, they were nearly a consumable item on the c2r2 rally cars as they spent so much time at w.o.t they seemed to fail more than road cars.

James_K

Do you mean the whole throttle body when you say consumable item, mei?

Not cheap to replace I imagine.

Maybe removal and a clean of it might help?

johniban

These engines are absolute crap im sorry to say but there are so many problems with them, a software came out about 2 years ago as the engine lights kept coming on, as from then the engine light wouldn't come on even when there was an actual problem, most of the issues were excessive carbon build up on the back of the valves, this is most probably your problem, they are a bitch to remove the valves and clean up to as they are so small.

Also had problems with the timing chain going slack or stretching causing similar issues to what you have,