• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

steve@cornwall

Dyeing Interior Trim/dash

steve@cornwall

Has anyone ever dyed interior plastics from black to grey? Especially main.dash.

pugdamo

I bought leather dye for my seats and the person I spoke to said they do LPS (liquid plastic soft) which I had for my seats and LPH (liquid plastic hard) which could be used for a dashboard. I should be popping into work tomorrow, I'll find the name of the company I used if you want, they were very helpful and the dye was very good i used. It comes in aerosol or tins to be used in a spray gun, which i what I used as they said it's a better result and goes further. Cheers mate

GLPoomobile

If you think about it logically Steve you shouldn't really be able to dye plastic a lighter colour than it already is. I guess your only practical option is painting.

DBG

I thought the black trims would be more sought after? If you want to go from black to grey, would there be people interested in swapping possibly?

steve@cornwall

Black could be had cheaply at local scrappy, seems the few 205s that have come in in recent months are later models and one is available now. Being non metal the scrappy asks for peanuts.Mine is brittle in places as I guess most of this age are now, I guess it will be a case of epoxy reinforcement to the rear of my dash, probably no more expensive/ time consuming than changing colours and at least it's original to the car.

welshpug

late base models are still grey not dark grey/black.

steve@cornwall

late base models are still grey not dark grey/black.

This one is a N plate with a tu single point injection and black dash.

Robbiedundy

Did you manage to find anything Steve? I'm planning to dye my grey dash & interior trim black. I live in the Scottish Highlands so getting a black interior posted up here would be quite expensive I think.

Also has anyone ever dye'd a carpet black? I have two spare red ones.

steve@cornwall

If just left mine as is. I was stripping a few bits off at scrappy and just wondered if it would be worthwhile having the dash top, but mine is visually ok, and repairable, just some mountings gone brittle and a crack that hasn't (yet) gone through the dash covering so can be brace from inside.I'm afraid I didn't take the dash. There has been a few threads about dying the red carpet but I don't remember much success, apparently it's mainly plastic material.

Robbiedundy

Okay cheers anyway, can't find much on here about dying the carpet a different colour but had a look on detailing world and they've recommended autosmart midnight, emailed them to see if it'll work on mine, is it nylon based?