• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Smokey fae fife

Spoox Motorsports 205 Mi16

Smokey fae fife

Hello all, I have already introduced myself before but here is my full run down on the car and hopefully my progress through getting it to a standard where i will be happy with it.

The 205 originally a 1.6 GTi and had the conversion to a XU9J4 engine in November 2010 by Spoox Motorsport and it was an intended track-day car until i had purchased it at the end of June this year

http://www.spoox.co.uk/catalog/

It has had an extensive amount of work done to it but i am in the mind that i could do with maybe advice and help in the work that shall need to be done as it is my first pug and especially one this quick and nice.

The stuff done to it already is as follows :

Automatic bonnet fitted and painted

3 Piece Clutch kit

Spoox motorsport 4 - 2 - 1 Exhaust Manifold

Spoox motorsport custom inlet manifold valve

Spoox motorsport ITG Air Filter

Spoox motorsport uprated lower engine mount

Some mad South African alarm thing

It has the 1.6 BE1 Gearbox still and is in as much as original condition the wheels were acid dipped and powder coated just before i had bought the car

I am having some issues with the engine it can give more but how would be the best way of going about it , I am thinking of weber carbs but would that make a difference over what is done ?

Thanks for looking

post-22568-0-29978100-1347488023_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-27841600-1347488030_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-16383100-1347488037_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-66734800-1347488043_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-71913200-1347488051_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-03421000-1347488064_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-52817000-1347488076_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-31102800-1347488088_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-73832400-1347488144_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-37901400-1347488187_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-44830200-1347488225_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-01728200-1347488275_thumb.jpg

post-22568-0-70978400-1347488312_thumb.jpg

Smokey fae fife

I dont know who owns the 206 hahahahaha

BlueBolt

Personal preference, but forget the carbs and go for some ITB's!!

Nice looking motor!!

MiniGibbo

Looks clean and tidy, like it :)

Smokey fae fife

Thanks like, i was looking at the Jenvey Throttle body kit here

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/throttle-body-kits/jenvey-dynamics/peugeot-mi16-tbp45-throttle-body-kit-ckpg03

I also read the how 2 on how to fit it on this site too, but i think i need the head gasket replaced first before i can attempt to fit one on

I looked in the filler cap when i noticed i lost some oil and it was packed with sludge up to some of the pipework behind the air filter which am told means i need my cylinderhead skimmed as well but when i did my sump gasket they only used that orange instant gasket and i am thinking that, they might of done that on the cylinder head as well but it is a lot of messing about when i potentially couldnt be ready for the amount of work i will need to do if it isnt just some quick fix as the oil pressure increases when i accelerate and it drops really low when i pull up to a stop or idling. Is there any way of checking without losing use of the car? As i need it to get about even to get a munch from asda's. It also i think is the cause to the car " coughing " when i pull away on the first use of the car that day

I will stick up a pic of the sludge later on when i get to the car as it is always on the mind when i have to drive it

kyepan

Mayo is normal! the mesh is there to collect it.

The oil pressure sounds like it's acting normally, remember that the pump spins at engine speed so the pressure will rise with revs until a point when the pressure relief valve opens and is constant.

When warm the pressure will be low at idle, only start to worry if the stop light comes on. Which it may do in summer with a thinner oil that needs changing.

Look up 26 tooth sprocket, and 2 bar spring.. as those are some of the ways of increasing oil pressure, either that or fit a mechanical gauge to be sure what it's doing, as the electric gauge is slow to respond and usually fairly inaccurate.

Get bodies - far better than carbs for reliability and fuel economy.

dcc

unless already doen so, remove and replace the mesh.

It breaks up and small bits wil find their way to your bearings.

As for 'releasing' more from your engine, you have to think about what you want to spend. for £1200~ Id get a mappable ecu, loom and map done. for £2500~ Id get throttle bodies too!

for £3000 Id get a lsd and all the above :D

BlueBolt

for £3000 Id get a lsd and all the above :D

And then you too can sell the box and diff to me down the line :D lol

Smokey fae fife

This might sound like a stupid question, but The Mesh? I might not have that bit as i haven't seen it yet. Can you tell me where about to locate it ?

I want to hopefully charge the engine, I like the idea of supercharging it but can that be done with the engine on tilt like it is? Would it be easier to turbo charge it ? I am not concerned of turbo lag at all i want to be able to drive hard and keep it as turn key simple and reliable, if that's possible. I like the eagerness of the car and how fast 3rd gear up is.

What is up with the tilting of the engine? and if the Mi16 is put back straight is there a reduction of space where the bodies would go ?

P.S After checking the paperwork it says i got the motronic engine management and ECU, am I right in thinking that is the standard ECU and management ?

Baz

Yes.

Does the car or you have anything to do with sPOOx?

kyepan

you have too many questions!!! in so far as you haven't chosen a direction.

Get reading some turbo and supercharged projects on here, and throttle body conversions for that matter, have a look at my thread if you want to see what a rebuild and ITBS conversion involves (although i was a bit anal about it).

Motronic is the correct management for an MI-16

welshpug

Yes.

Does the car or you have anything to do with sPOOx?

DERP.

The 205 originally a 1.6 GTi and had the conversion to a XU9J4 engine in November 2010 by Spoox Motorsport and it was an intended track-day car until i had purchased it at the end of June this year

:P

Baz

Not any more though.

Smokey fae fife

It was built by Spoox but i had it at Peugeot Eccose about 3 weeks after taking ownership and there i got the rear axle sorted and a chunky sleeve changed too they had said there was some questionable stuff been done like they had said all peugeot garages usually have boxes of screws lying around for well screwing stuff together and Spoox had apparently had some dodgy fixes for stuff, not using the said box of screws so i am told

1 example would be the clutch, was about to chuck it in reverse like normal and bang, the cable goes. upon checking it i saw it best to collect all the bits from under the car like the washer that held the cable and the end of the cable and the little rod. Little rod? Aye

So when i get around to fitting the new cable we had greased that all up like and the rubber bung pops into place and it is tightghtned up a bit etc , we go to try the clutch thinking it would be sweet , but no something isnt feeling right at all and we have a look down to where the clutch cable connects to the paddle for the clutch activation and noticed a considerable gap between the 2 of them.

After some messing about i thought back through the haze to remember that there was a little rod i found on the ground with the rest of the old cable so i ran in the house and got it and like a thumb up a bum it fitted like a glove. My mate who helped me fix it said there should of been a ball joint there for the clutch. Me i didnt know because well i know how to take bits off and replace them ok the finer points slip by sometimes hahaha

So aye that was one of the Spoox fixes , along with a full sump gasket made from instant gasket took forever to scrap that s*ite off

If you made it to the end of my baked rant here is a video to reward you for putting up with it and the questions, I can see i will be doing a lot of reading haha

It is the Pug smoking a Leon R at Crail Raceway, oldest car there and it still smoked a load of wannabes

https://vimeo.com/49491490

johnnyboy666

...and like a thumb up a bum it fitted like a glove.

Haha, quote of the f**kin week I think!

Baz

Because it's actually meant to be there.

vtifan

where in fife you from mate.not seen another gti since i bought mine,looks pretty clean but best to get the bodges fixed out before you go chucking cash and mods at it

Smokey fae fife

where in fife you from mate.not seen another gti since i bought mine,looks pretty clean but best to get the bodges fixed out before you go chucking cash and mods at it

A'right man, a live in Glenrothes and i have only seen about 7 205's since owning mine and only 1 other as clean as mine and that was in Kirkcaldy it was a sweet Miami blue phase 2 only seen it once he followed me from the asda roundabout till the peugeot garage where i was heading but as there isnt many around we all flash lights and nod wave. I seen a few out in Perth and Dundee way but not many round here. I total missed the Performance French day thing at Crail there was the most 205's i seen anywhere round here haha

Here is the gallery from it , I was gutted i missed it

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/gallery.php?GalDate=2012-07-22

Because it's actually meant to be there.

Baz sir cheers for letting me know seems the pug is more sorted than i first thought hahaha, it is knowing little things that and the "mayo" are normal fare ease's my mind a lot. Thanks man, al no doubt end up with more stupid questions like i still haven't sourced this mesh piece for the mayo, is it supposed to be in the oild filler bit ?

@Vtifan , Burnside motors in leven had a 205 in it scrapped dudes got reasonable prices too av been total lazy as s*it and never got around to getting there yet, not sure if there was more than one there, could also try U-pull-it http://u-pull-it.co.uk/home.html the place in Inverkeithing might have something not checked in months and my mate recommended http://www.pugspares.co.uk/ seems reputable and he used them a lot too. I use the D&A factors in Glenrothes they supply all the garages local here and slightly cheaper than garage prices too http://www.dafactors.co.uk/

Av got to get the pug mot ready first while i buy and hunt down the parts soon i will have a box of stuff, might have to find some second hand throttle bodies as there is no way am spending over £1000 just now its fine the way it is and i plan on using the car over winter too so it shall be Waxoly'ed and i got to find sexy mudflaps too i pray for a scottish winter of no snow and a lot of wind and coldness hahaha

vtifan

A'right man, a live in Glenrothes and i have only seen about 7 205's since owning mine and only 1 other as clean as mine and that was in Kirkcaldy it was a sweet Miami blue phase 2 only seen it once he followed me from the asda roundabout till the peugeot garage where i was heading but as there isnt many around we all flash lights and nod wave. I seen a few out in Perth and Dundee way but not many round here. I total missed the Performance French day thing at Crail there was the most 205's i seen anywhere round here haha

Here is the gallery from it , I was gutted i missed it

http://www.crailrace...Date=2012-07-22

Baz sir cheers for letting me know seems the pug is more sorted than i first thought hahaha, it is knowing little things that and the "mayo" are normal fare ease's my mind a lot. Thanks man, al no doubt end up with more stupid questions like i still haven't sourced this mesh piece for the mayo, is it supposed to be in the oild filler bit ?

@Vtifan , Burnside motors in leven had a 205 in it scrapped dudes got reasonable prices too av been total lazy as s*it and never got around to getting there yet, not sure if there was more than one there, could also try U-pull-it http://u-pull-it.co.uk/home.html the place in Inverkeithing might have something not checked in months and my mate recommended http://www.pugspares.co.uk/ seems reputable and he used them a lot too. I use the D&A factors in Glenrothes they supply all the garages local here and slightly cheaper than garage prices too http://www.dafactors.co.uk/

Av got to get the pug mot ready first while i buy and hunt down the parts soon i will have a box of stuff, might have to find some second hand throttle bodies as there is no way am spending over £1000 just now its fine the way it is and i plan on using the car over winter too so it shall be Waxoly'ed and i got to find sexy mudflaps too i pray for a scottish winter of no snow and a lot of wind and coldness hahaha

i was at burnside a few weeks ago he only had 2 or 3 base models and a 205 cti that is pretty much rusted to death,did you email me the other day lookin for mudflaps off gumtree then,if its like nuts and bolts that you are after i might be able to help you out as i am stripping my 1.6 and got a 1.9 too

Smokey fae fife

I did'nt email you off gumtree sir, i had to stop looking through it as i used to hunt on there for ever but not since a month ago. It is good to know you have them there as i will be needing bits. Front headlights was why i was going to Burnside he said £20 for the pair hahaha

vtifan

I did'nt email you off gumtree sir, i had to stop looking through it as i used to hunt on there for ever but not since a month ago. It is good to know you have them there as i will be needing bits. Front headlights was why i was going to Burnside he said £20 for the pair hahaha

got a good pair you can have for 15 as i have morettes :)

Smokey fae fife

Nice, thats sweet good to know, am house bound with an eye infection the now it is killin' thank f*** it aint pink eye though hahahaha

ablister

i think i saw you a few weeks ago in Glenrothes. Not seen many 205's looking like yours around here so i'm assuming it was you!

vtifan

think you asked about the mesh,its in the oil filler bit under the mayo probably :D ,mayo is pretty common on these cars and is more down to condensation than head gaskets thankfully,cant remember having one that didnt have mayo to some degree just clean out the filler and pipes from time to time

Smokey fae fife

i think i saw you a few weeks ago in Glenrothes. Not seen many 205's looking like yours around here so i'm assuming it was you!

Yeah that would of been, there is only a couple that have the pug alloys. The rest of the pugs are shed ones. Have you seen the fat wifey in a red one? She was the first one to wave and go crazy at another 205 being on the road hahaha

think you asked about the mesh,its in the oil filler bit under the mayo probably :D ,mayo is pretty common on these cars and is more down to condensation than head gaskets thankfully,cant remember having one that didnt have mayo to some degree just clean out the filler and pipes from time to time

I do clean the pipes out up to the air filter, it freaks everyone out the engine as it got a few quirks like the mayo and the lumpy idle. Does anyone get the spluttery start on the first starting up of the day? When i drive off on the first time of the day depending on the weather the engine sort of almost dies when i take off i got to boot it to clear it out, only happens occasionally and i think it is just another quirk of the car.

@ablister - Is your pug an H reg? i think you and i saw each other in kdy too asda side

s*ite weather the day i wanted to head out for a drive but i don't see the rain clearing soon