• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Smokey fae fife

Spoox Motorsports 205 Mi16

Smokey fae fife

Had an accident this morning which sucks bonnet was creased along with the headlights, just had the new gear linkage and bits fixed for the mot engineis sound but the throttle is jammed open though

I havbe to sell the car as it cant go to the garage for insurance reasons due to engine. Still taxed till august next year, can anyone help a fella out ? i cant be without a car but i cant lose my claim because of bad advice

Smokey fae fife

on 2nd thoughts if it can be fixed i can and maybe do that am stewing on it the now

ablister

what happened? Wouldn't give up for the sake of bonnet/lights/slam panel etc. All just bolt on bits :D

Smokey fae fife

1h3uoo.jpg

10wvccj.jpg

359bpj8.jpg

Smokey fae fife

am thinking that, mot was due tomorrow put a load of work in , am gutted like , was just pricing up bits there but i havent had a look at it other than standing there , seems straight still

ablister

ah, i see now, s*it :(

when you explained before, it sounded like the bonnet had crumpled onto the slam panel. That looks bad

welshpug

Doesnt look bad at all.

Smokey fae fife

yeah , looking at the door jam it seems smaller at the bottom which also looks bad still looks fixable but i dont know the damage underneath, the engine starts but the throttle is jammed right open because the bonnets jammed on it. I use the car everyday so it isnt ideal at all now having no car with christmas round the corner and the girl staying for christmas and new year. Sucks like depressed the f*** out of me not sure what i can do now other than attempt to fix the damage or sell it spares or repair , still got loads of tax on it and new bits

ablister

yeah, crap timing really

Has Pete still got the front end of that sorrento he has? Worth a shot. Get the front end pulled out then replace the broken bits

Smokey fae fife

Yeah i shall have to ask him , it will take some time to get it ready and checked , i dont even own tools to do anything hahahaha

Lee3022

A van reversed into mine on the same corner as the damage on yours, wasn't damaged to that extent but still had inner, outer wings head light, indicator, slam panel, bumper, then sprayed, was £1200 but through insurance, the parts weren't that dear to be honest if you did it yourself or had some help, mostly labour cost, love them wheels, might have mine done, hope you get it sorted.

vtifan

Yeah i shall have to ask him , it will take some time to get it ready and checked , i dont even own tools to do anything hahahaha

no way man,just saw this cos i was busy scrapping the sorrento yesterday :( still got the grey one paul,if you are wanting any bits you can have them foc,got headlights,bonnet,bumper +valance and a wing if you can get it off,is there any kinking in the inner wing at the rear behind the strut tower ?

i know a boy that would sort this properly who is quite decent price wise,its not going to be a cheap fix though when you are looking at the pulling and a front panel and all the other wee bits and paint,was a cracking car and a really tight driver and worth saving imo

Smokey fae fife

I dont think there is any distortion around the suspension turret, the radiator is fine as well, the front part of the inner wing has a tear in it just in front of the coil spring and the tow eye could be bent out. The headlight which i just replaced is crushed into the frame and i can also see through the gap in the bonnet and it looks ok as with the drivers side inner wing and outer wing. The slam panel took a lot of the damage and the bonnet release catch has been jammed right in and i cant open the bonnet just now. Got a mate who is coming to give me a hand measuring it to see it there is any chassis damage before i make the desicion to sell the wee pug because there is a lot of crap i have to go through for even just having it in my garden as the council will want it moved because i dont have an actual driveway just the gates and lower kerb unlless i slab up the garden where the car will sit it will have to be stored until some point where i have collected all the bits and saved cash which could take up to a year, where i used the car everyday for work and going to college and having fun after thinking about it my only real option i got is to sell it as i cant give it the time it needs because i am losing money having it sat there. The MOT was today and it wwasnt there for it so i am going to have to declare it off the road and hand in the tax , which the council will enjoy also, so either way i am losing out and i will have to sell the car to someone sharpish so i can recoup some sort of christmas because i have to have a car and having to walk everywhere sucks d*ck , i cant even get to asdas without asking for a lift which doesnt help when my phone is cut off due to all my cash going into the pug for the mot :(

so if anyone is interested in the car let me know asap it is gutting to have to do it but i have no option now as i dont have the funds

gaz832

i would have taken the pug of your hands if i had the cash mate.