• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuartcampbell1100

Peugeot 205 1.1 Carb Conversion Help?

stuartcampbell1100

hi there ,i have got my self a peugeot 205 1.1 j reg (91) 3 door for a project

ive done a fair bit with 205s and thought about a wee project

ive decided i want to strip it out and paint in yellow and make it a 205 rallye replica and drop a 1.6 16v lump in it?

i was after help on how about to do the conversion!,can you use the 1.1 running gear with 106 gti 1.6 16v engine?

the 205 has a carb engine in it right now and theres no ecu!

is it possible??

what sort of things do i need to change?

thankspost-21528-0-01515500-1357159528_thumb.jpg

post-21528-0-71849200-1357159532_thumb.jpg

calvinhorse

Car looks good, can't tell if its grey or Matt black?

You really need to use the search function the 106 gti engine conversion has been covered lots and there are some really good ones.

Start a project thread and ask questions as you go :)

dartman

thats a decent conversion to do, i did mine about a month ago. geos extreamly well, almost like the episode of topgear were they strap rockets to a mini, sort of like that to drive, although mine is stripped down to 800kg wich helps.

there are some good threads on this but they wont give you the full picture, as i found out.

you will need:

engine with unlocked ecu! it is a really big advantage if you get one with all the water pipes on it as most will fit ur little 205.

gti fuel tank! do not try and use a inline pump, i used a mi16 external pump for the first two weeks then swaped it for a gti tank.

Also gti fuel lines!

i use my for oval racing so used the 1.1 gearbox for a long 2nd gear (65mph in 2nd)

the speedo unit on the box will need to be changed take the white cable unit off your current box and put it in the new box (if changing box)

yes you can run 1.1 driveshafts and gear linkage etc

the exhaust down pipe needs fabricating (welding the two pipes together at the lowest point under the engine)

i mounted the ecu in the battery tray (battery in the boot)

wirring isnt a real problem aslong as you have a multimetre with a continual setting.

all mounts are the same but top mount will need "shaving" to fit round cam belt cover.

that should give you a rough idear of whats involved any issues give me a shout.

johniban

is there any threads about with the wiring for this conversion?

jamie_1992

There is not a dedicated thread that I have found but it has been covered somewhere might have Evan been in a topic I started

welshpug

Itll be the same as doing any other pug engine, find the switched lives, permanent live, fuel pump, starter, and youre good to go.

johniban

really thinking of replacing the vtr engine in my 205 rallye with a 1.6 16v