• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Loose Hand Luke

1987 205 Grd - Saving A Workhorse

Loose Hand Luke

Hi all.

Well after the loss of one of our other 205's to fire (see this thread: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=151866&do=findComment&comment=1365892)

a work mate told me he had a little something hidden in his field.

So after a short trip just outside Yeovil we came across this little beauty:

1987 1.8D GRD

All Phase 1 including a full BLUE interior (VERY blue!)

IMAG0687_zpsbfe3385d.jpg

IMAG0685_zps75ad250a.jpg

IMAG0686_zps756f346b.jpg

Been sat 2 years in the mud!

Put a new battery in it and it fired straight up! So I drove it to the MOT station and it failed on one blocked washer jet and s small fuel leak!!!

The fuel leak is from the Lucas mech pump. Wasn't doing it in the field so something must have gone on the way to the MOT station. Looks like its coming from the pulley end of the pump. Has anyone got any ideas?

Plan is to make this a nice daily driver and workhorse. Its in really good condition for its age so I'm going to give it a bit of loving to keep it going.

More pics to come!

Arwing

Better it was standing on mud for 2 years and not on grass. Nice find. Looking forward to seeing the Blue interior.

Paul_13

I've got a Bosch pump setup and injectors off one of these engines of that's of any help.

Davy

What?!.. So Stevie wonder is now running an MOT centre on the Isle of Wight?!.. No dosed tyres / wiper blades etc etc?.. (just kidding! ;) )

I like finds like this! It could crap itself tomorrow, but on the other hand, it could soldier on through thick and thin and prove to be the ultimate little, hassle free work horse. Good luck with it!

..oh, and R.I.P Leroy! :(

Loose Hand Luke

Haha I obviously changed a couple of bulbs and did the wipers before it went in, I thought I'd best make it as legal as possible before trying to drive it there! But yes I was very pleased with the result.

Paul, the Bosch setup would be very useful to me so will have to have a chat with you.

Bit of an Update, still need to take pics but managed to source a new fuel pump seal from a CAV dealer so hopefully will have the leak sorted soon!

Edited by Loose Hand Luke

Loose Hand Luke

After some investigating under the wings it turned out both front items have suffered badly for corrosion between the metal and underseal. I've invested in some new items to bolt on. Hopefully have some more pics soon.

Its slowly getting there!