• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
forbeslongden

Wheel Spacers On 205?

forbeslongden

Hey there guys,

What are wheel spacers like on a 205? Do they look good or gash? I'm thinking about extending the wheels out slightly on mine but I'm not sure how it would look and what size would make a small but noticeable difference to the appearance of the car. I've currently got the 15" Speedlines on mine.

Anybody done this before and/or have some pics of what it'd look like?

welshpug

better to stick 309 stuff on if you want it wider, if you want it to handle, leave the back as it is.

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

petert

Buy some SL434's , or at least find some pics on a 205, to see what.a bit more width and offset does to a 205. They are still the best looking wheel in my opinion. They are 15x6.75 15ET from memory.

forbeslongden

I'd love some SL434's but they are pretty hard to get for decent money if I remember correctly.

Do spacers do damage to the hub at all and also is it just a case that they just slip onto the hub and the wheel goes on that with bigger wheel nuts going through both the spacer and hub or is a spacer a part that replaces the plate already on the hub? Seems a bit dense but I've got a habit of thinking something is easier than it actually is!

Henry 1.9GTi

5mm is max for non hub located. Careful fitting universal ones as the centre bore will be massively bigger than your hub. Can cause wheel imbalance.

eibach do 5mm ones to suit a 205

15mm is minimum for hub-centric. Ruins handling, looks cool with lots of -ve camber. I imagine would look gash with standard camber setting.

*ruin probably a bit strong. It had an adverse effect on my steering feel and made it feel a bit pushy.

Edited by Henry 1.9GTi

stef205

you can buy hubcentrics with 10mm, personally i hate spacers, just buy some wheels with a big offset.

• Like 1

petert

you can buy hubcentrics with 10mm, personally i hate spacers, just buy some wheels with a big offset.

I think you mean a small offset.