• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pyrrhic

205 Rear Beam On 309?

pyrrhic

Quimk and simple, do the rear beams of a 205 fit on a 309? I know the 309's is wider, I don't know if the 205's is so narrow it won't work.

dcc

I would imagine if you fitted a 205 rear beam with the trailing arms from a xsara or 306, while retaining the ABS rings (would give you extra 11mm ish) each side, taking you very close to the width of a 205 beam. afaik, a stnard 205 beam wont work as the inner arch will be too wide for the narrow track of the 205 beam

pyrrhic

How about just a 205 beam on a 309, no Xsara or 306 parts?

dcc

read what I wrote :)

allanallen

From memory a 205 beam will fit and clear the inner arches ok. I have done it before to move a car and I've just peeked under my 309 (with 309 beam) and there's over 20mm of clearance from the rear caliper to the inner arch. You'll obviously need wheel spacers wether you use 205 or 306 parts.

The bumpstops will defo foul the arm so you'd need a re-think there.

Remember 309s run the beam set higher than a 205 ie; a standard ride height 205 beam will lower a 309

pyrrhic

I found anotehr rear beam for my 309 winter car, nio 205 beam experimentation will be required.