• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craig01

Video Review With 205

mowflow

Good video. You seem very comfortable talking to the camera.

I've had that crack along with the one at the bottom of the same panel on all my 205s. I'll be investigating it before a respray on the current one. i read somewhere on here that the gaps are filled with seam sealer and it's actually that that is cracked rather than the metal split. I hope that's true.

• Like 1

Craig01

Good video. You seem very comfortable talking to the camera.

I've had that crack along with the one at the bottom of the same panel on all my 205s. I'll be investigating it before a respray on the current one. i read somewhere on here that the gaps are filled with seam sealer and it's actually that that is cracked rather than the metal split. I hope that's true.

Ah, ok that makes sense as on mine it does not really look like metal inside the crack. I need to get a bit of bodywork done on mine but I always find it almost impossible to find a decent bodyshop that won't leave a total mess with orange peel/sanding marks / drips etc. That would annoy me even more than the crack.

Daviewonder

Very enjoyable video. I got mine back on the road last week after a 2 year break and everything you said rang true.

Where was this filmed? It looks like an amazing place.

i read somewhere on here that the gaps are filled with seam sealer and it's actually that that is cracked rather than the metal split. I hope that's true.

Yeah, they're gaps in the shell that are filled with seam sealer to allow the shell to flex without cracking.

dobboy

when i got mines painted last year i got the sealer removed and a modern sealer put in. The painter told me that modern paints are a bit more flexible than older stuff.

But i can see an ever so slight crack that will probably get worse as the years go on..... think it's just something we have to live with (as long as it doesn't go brown!)

• Like 1

Craig01

Very enjoyable video. I got mine back on the road last week after a 2 year break and everything you said rang true.

Where was this filmed? It looks like an amazing place.

Yeah, they're gaps in the shell that are filled with seam sealer to allow the shell to flex without cracking.

Cheers-It's the road that runs through Cheddar Gorge. It looks good but it's not very well sighted and really only worth a punt if you fancy getting up at 6am on a Sunday!