• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

sebascalderon85

New Throttle Switch Peugeot 205 Gti

sebascalderon85

Hi guys. Maybe you can help me. The Bosch Throttle Switch for mi 205 gti 1.9 has failed. Here in Colombia it is very dificult to get a new original spare from Bosch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/peugeot-205-GTI-new-throttle-switch-1628G4-BOSCH-0280120327-POTENTIOMETER-/201524499384?hash=item2eebcbd3b8:g:z4oAAOSwgkRVSedj Original part.

s-l1600.jpg

Can you guys help me and let me know which OEM part fits and works ? I have seen a lot of ones on the market, but i need to know for sure which one of which car/make/model can be used as an OEM replacement for the original. Many have told me that Berlingo TPS or Magnetti Marelli, but i'm not sure. If you have part numbers or photos i would apreciate it.

Thanks!!

hoodygoodwood

Might be best to just search Ebay using the Bosch part number and see what turns up .

Anthony

Most newer TPS's fitted to most cars/vans since the early 1990's won't be suitable.

The TPS fitted to a 205 GTi is actually a simple switch, simply to tell the ECU when the throttle is either fully closed or fully open, whereas most 90's onwards cars use a potentiometer to tell the ECU exactly what position the throttle is in.

As said, best cross-referencing the Bosch part number and seeing what is available either in Columbia or from overseas that will ship to Columbia.

farmer

Got a new one that I would send to Columbia

• Like 1