• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

matthewm

As titled really - tryed local motor factors to match my old one although no joy - had Timax FDG40 suggested although was much to big, so if anyone had any part numbers for one or vehicle makes and models so I've got somewhere to start with the factors.

Appreciate they different makes of manifold are probably different sizes - my external at the widest is approx 74mm, and internal widest approx 56mm.

Thanks very much

JeffR

The fixing kit which includes the braided gasket, springs, bolts, etc is-1798 75.

JeffR
The fixing kit which includes the braided gasket, springs, bolts, etc is-1798 75.

^^^ Sorry that's for the 1.9 alloy engine.

The 2.0 litre part no is-1798 68.

matthewm

Cheers Jeff, its the 1.9 alloy, although the manifold is an aftermarket 4 branch, with the donut down under the car - is the gasket the same as the standard 405 gasket then? As the 405 one from the factors is not quite right.

JeffR

Hard to say if a std one will work with an aftermarket manifold, but my 1.9 Mi16 has a 4-2-1 PugRacing (Miles) mani & apparently uses a 'derv' gasket.

welshpug

IIRC DrSarty has the part number, its from an XV/XY engined 205 etc.

DrSarty
IIRC DrSarty has the part number, its from an XV/XY engined 205 etc.

I'll post up the number tomorrow for you/everyone.

matthewm
I'll post up the number tomorrow for you/everyone.

Thank you very much Dr S!

Alan_M

Bringing this thread back from the dead, is that XV/XY donut for the PugRacing (Miles) types 4-2-1 Mi16 manifold?

And is that a Peugeot part number?

Alan_M

Can someone confirm this? My 205 is sounding like a bag of s*it...... :)

Alan_M

Just to add a bit of info on this.....

Got this gasket from Camberley Auto Factors (part number PGG17). Its from a 306 1.9DT XUD9TE. Quite sure MyParts.co.uk do them too if you can wait for postage.

matthewm
Just to add a bit of info on this.....

Got this gasket from Camberley Auto Factors (part number PGG17). Its from a 306 1.9DT XUD9TE. Quite sure MyParts.co.uk do them too if you can wait for postage.

Did it fit well mate? Fitted one to mine, did the job but still wasn't a perfect match for my manifold!

Alan_M
Did it fit well mate? Fitted one to mine, did the job but still wasn't a perfect match for my manifold!

The gasket wasn't as tight on the manifold as I'd like it to be, but it sounds so much better. I think it's now slightly blowing up at the Y piece now.

Timax FDG30.

;)

Now you tell me......(are you sure, thats off a Carlton diesel)

Simes
The gasket wasn't as tight on the manifold as I'd like it to be, but it sounds so much better. I think it's now slightly blowing up at the Y piece now.

Now you tell me......(are you sure, thats off a Carlton diesel)

Sorry I meant FDG40

The FDG30 is for the new 'knuckle' I had made up.

Anthony

There seems to be various ones that fit - I know I used a Mondeo one IIRC which was a nice snug fit and worked a treat :rolleyes:

Jrod
Sorry I meant FDG40

This is not correct for Miles manifolds. I ordered one and its huge!

Turns out I didn't need it anyway as its blowing because the exhaust has cracked. :lol:

Edited by Jrod

yorkshirekowboy

Can anybody confirm which donut gasket in the end they used for the 4-2-1 manifold y piece ?

PS sorry for bringing back the topic from the dead. Just wanted people's opinions of which donut gaskets they have used and been good etc.????

Edited by surferkid205

Bakes100

I ordered Timax reference part number:PGG17 from ebay, it fitted fine.

It has an internal diameter of 59mm.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Simes

I never got to the bottom of it.

I had a new piece of exhaust made up to join the manifold and centre box up which eradicated that gasket.

yorkshirekowboy

Just an update, I've tried the part number:PGG17 it's to tight, no way can you get it on whole. I've damaged the gasket trying to get it on. What a nightmare. What other donut rings have people tried and successfully completed there exhaust build?

yorkshirekowboy

Anybody?