• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Danez

Lost Keys- Need To Remove Old Ignition Barrel And Buy Door Ones

Danez

So I've lost my bloody keys. I need to remove the ignition barrel but obviously with no key (I've also tried hammering in an old key) the pins arnt letting me pull it out. I'd make a s*it car thief.

Anyway before I start making swarf is the best bet for me to drill the two pins so they then clear the barrel and then it will slide out?

Picture of the two Slots I'd drill into:

https://ibb.co/k2jkLk

I also need to buy some locks for my doors now and there are some new ones on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311647141179

What do you reckon? Not too good? Reckon it would be worth waiting for an original pair?

Cheers

Edited by Danez

steve@cornwall

Yep, drill or dremil those pins and remove the bolt.

Don't forget the petrol cap before you need to fill up. And the boot lock. Do you have central locking?.

No idea on the quality of those locks but likely a good buy until a matching lock set turns up.

If you have any history or the original service books, look through to see if first owner noted the key number, if so Peugeot should be able to supply a new key from that.

• Like 1

Danez

Yep, drill or dremil those pins and remove the bolt.

Don't forget the petrol cap before you need to fill up. And the boot lock. Do you have central locking?.

No idea on the quality of those locks but likely a good buy until a matching lock set turns up.

If you have any history or the original service books, look through to see if first owner noted the key number, if so Peugeot should be able to supply a new key from that.

Cheers all sorted now and I have put a spare ignition barrel with key I happen to have. But yeah I don't like the look of those barrel locks but for £15 what can you expect?! Good idea that il have a gander and see if I can get that number. Cheers.

welshpug

they look the same as o.e valeo locks, whether bolk stuff is decent I have no idea though.