Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Water Hoses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

tzracing

tzracing
  • Drivers
  • 18 posts
Good afternoon,

I had my Mi16 kept in the garage since beggining of the summer, and now when engine started one water hose was leaking.

The hose is the metal one from the back of thermostat body which I cannot find new and Peugeot dealer says it doesnt manufacture anymore.

I left the original hose (or which was left from it...) in the automobile workshop and they say that it is possible to manufacture a new one, but I'm affraid that they dont know how the hose is finished in the thermostat body and money spent for nothing.

Any comments / solution?

Thanks.

nemesis45

nemesis45
  • Passengers
  • 0 posts
Hi tzracing,

By to you in car scrap yards?

tzracing

tzracing
  • Drivers
  • 18 posts
Not solved yet. I found some MI16 in the break yards but they only sell entire engine... in the meantime there's no engine in spares. sad.gif

Next step will be remove the thermostat body and modify it to receive a rubber hose connection instead of the steel pipe directly.
Its a guess because I dont know if is possible to be done, but in the past I've modified some 2 stroke aluminium cylinder to change the water exit from the head, so I guess it will work... maybe.

Meantime... I will continue to squezze out breakyards...

tzracing

tzracing
  • Drivers
  • 18 posts
Problem solved.

Took the thermostat body to the workshop where they removed the old hose connections, and new connections applied with coiled tubing. Perfect. It cost me Eur. 130,- for the job.

At the time of the breakdown water was leaking all over the ignition rotor arm, so I also have to replace it. Definetly damaged.

End of the topic and I hope this can help anyone.