Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Clutch Release Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MadeinWigan

MadeinWigan
  • Drivers
  • 34 posts
  • Name:Richard
My car was laid up for a good few years, it drives but feels like the clutch doesn't fully release. It will slip if you try to accelerate hard and in first you can bring it to a stop without stalling.

I am going to change the clutch but are there any other components that I should replace/clean/lubricate at the same time so that everything performs as it should?

Thanks

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,024 posts
  • Name:Mei

BE1 or BE3  ?  could be seized clutch release associated parts, or badly adjusted.

jimmi

jimmi
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts
  • Name:Jim
Garage View Garage

Can't find my Haynes workshop manual - BE1 gearbox clutch quadrant arm/lever - 22mm bolt/nut on front of bell-housing  - can this be removed without disturbing any components inside box /bell-housing  ?

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,024 posts
  • Name:Mei

yes, that's the pivot most likely to be seized, often people forget the 3mm thick spacer between the bushes and the casing, meaning the bolt tightens down and jams is all up.