Me and my mate are in the process of putting an s16 into his 1.9 GTi. We have changed the head gasket, timings belt etc and are just hooking all the hoses and vacuum lines back up. A few weren't connected to anything even when we got the enigne and are just wondering where they go. ANy pics would be a great help as im struggling to find any good ones of a s16.
- There is a water pipe coming off the oil cooler that has no where to go.
- There is what looks like a nipple for a vacuum hose coming off the throttle body
- The vaccum line running along top of engine has a t junction, one of which goes no where
- Near the throtte body there is a metal canister attached to the head with connection for a medium sized hose on the bottom...but no hose.
- Lastly, there is a little black box with three vacuum connections and a plug connector on it at the gearbox end near the head, but only 2 vacuum lines hooked up
Sorry I know its hard to explian without pictures, Ill try get some up. Any help very much appreciated.