Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Turbo Technics Head Gasket

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cleggy

cleggy
  • Drivers
  • 101 posts
just been reading a topic about head gaskets, think it was about a copper one. I couldnt really understand much about it to be honest, far too technical for a lowly electrician lol. i need to change the gasket on my 205 tt and was wondering is it worth upgrading the head gasket rather than fitting an oem one? im only running it at the standard boost set by tt

matty_gti

matty_gti
  • Drivers
  • 751 posts
  • Name:Matt
Being standard then a OE head gasket would be fine. :)

tk1405

tk1405
  • Passengers
  • 22 posts
  • Name:Tom
Hi all, sorry for bringing up a old topic. Is a standard head gasket ok for a 205 gti tt 1.9?
thanks

Henry Yorke

Henry Yorke
  • Team Managers
  • 4,539 posts
  • Name:err.. Henry Yorke
Garage View Garage

It should be as the compression was lowered via the pistons.  However I would look to get a multi layered steel one if you have the chance to replace it just to reduce chances of failure.  times have moved on since they first did them in 1988!

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,761 posts
Sorry but that's duff info. MLS gaskets not really suited to alloy block/wet liners.