Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Colin Satchell Gearlever Kit - "satchshift"

gear linkage satshift

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

SwedishBob

SwedishBob
  • Drivers
  • 230 posts
  • Name:Robert Briby
Garage View Garage
Who will arrange a group buy? :D

p1234

p1234
  • Drivers+
  • 246 posts
Garage View Garage
I think there is one going on the gti6/rallye forum but looks to be very quiet at the moment.

lynmorgan

lynmorgan
  • Passengers+
  • 22 posts
would like to fit one of these to my car but unsure if it'll fit as i have a gti6 engine with maniflow manifold... anyone have any ideas?

stu8v

stu8v
  • Drivers
  • 1,021 posts
  • Name:Stu
Garage View Garage

Who will arrange a group buy? :D

+1

:)

Good savings reqd tho or I'll just have to make my own from the pics I've seen

harryskid

harryskid
  • Drivers+
  • 1,855 posts

would like to fit one of these to my car but unsure if it'll fit as i have a gti6 engine with maniflow manifold... anyone have any ideas?

We have been over that!

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,028 posts
  • Name:Mei

read back a few posts, someone has an Mi with a 4 branch, they don't differ massively so should be fine I think.

Kevin (Mollisk) sent over pictures of his install, not sure if it will clear a headunit, but otherwise looks like it'd fit with most of the trim if modified a little bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by welshpug, 31 August 2012 - 10:17 PM.

205freak

205freak
  • Drivers
  • 219 posts
  • Name:Ruben
Garage View Garage
Great piece of kit, unfortunately only for track or rally cars. A road version of this would be a killer, not very keen in cutting holes to the trim and shell on a rebuilt car.

mech205eng

mech205eng
  • Drivers
  • 134 posts
  • Name:Mike
I bought one of these at the beginning of the year from colin personally before they went on sale. He assured me that there would be no clearance issues with a gti6 engine, the yellow car with one fitted has a gti engine in in the pictures. Havn't got round to fitting mine yet as the car isn't ready but after i bought mine, a mate bought one for his 106 rallye which i fitted, took a good few hours but his dash, interior and engine were still in. The 106 version is more difficult to fit because there is a bracket which bolts to the bulkhead and there is very little room to get in with the engine in, but the 205 one there is no mounting to the bulkhead. If your engine is coming out then i would definately recomend fitting this whilst it is out so you can get your holesaw lined up better

mech205eng

mech205eng
  • Drivers
  • 134 posts
  • Name:Mike
Also the picture of the kit you have from kamracing is of the 106 kit, the 205 kit looks slightly different. After looking on the website it appears they just use the same picture for both

205freak

205freak
  • Drivers
  • 219 posts
  • Name:Ruben
Garage View Garage
Would be great to see the 205 one, just to see the difference?!!

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,028 posts
Durrr, look at the pics above.

harryskid

harryskid
  • Drivers+
  • 1,855 posts
I shall see a real one fitted next week end so i'll leave you lads to it! :D

Batfink

Batfink
  • Drivers
  • 4,802 posts
  • Name:Kev Self

Also the picture of the kit you have from kamracing is of the 106 kit, the 205 kit looks slightly different. After looking on the website it appears they just use the same picture for both

already gone over that too :D... We got them on sale before we had pictures from Colin, and we have not had a chance to get them in the studio for a proper photoshoot. There are also pictures of the one Colin fitted to the yellow 205 if people click through to the product describtion,

205Rallee

205Rallee
  • Drivers
  • 570 posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question and I have tried to find the answer elsewhere, but is it possible for them to make a mix and match kit that will fit a TU engined/MA box 205?

MattCoggins

MattCoggins
  • Drivers
  • 91 posts
Hope so!

Batfink

Batfink
  • Drivers
  • 4,802 posts
  • Name:Kev Self
sod a mix and match kit. Colin will probably already be planning a TU version at some point!

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,028 posts
soooo, anyone tried one in a 205 with the original Headunit still in place?

mollisk

mollisk
  • Drivers
  • 63 posts
Garage View Garage
I've had a change now to use this kit in my car an dhave found it to be very good. The only worry that I had was that the "action" might be a bit quick and so beat the gear box synchros, but irs been fine. I would certainly recommend the kit on its engineering and quality.

aarontrophy

aarontrophy
  • Drivers
  • 250 posts
  • Name:Aaron
I have one for my 205 :):) do I have to loose the radio :( ??? I'm going to e fitting next week well keep you all informed.

qwerty

qwerty
  • Drivers
  • 292 posts
There's also a good in car video of this in use on sandys project thread, looks really nice to use