Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Gti 6 Engine Question..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

aarontrophy

aarontrophy
  • Drivers
  • 250 posts
  • Name:Aaron
Hi guys

Planning on building another gti 6 205 and was wondering??

If I get Gti 6 engine and put cat cams in and pulleys would I notice a gain on the standard Gti 6 ecu. Or will I need a remap but I have no idea where I can get the standard ecu remapped in Essex/London area

Hope you guys can help cheers

allanallen

allanallen
  • Pitcrew+
  • 2,669 posts
  • Name:Allan Storer
Garage View Garage
You'll notice a difference in performance after changing cams but it really would require a re-map. Chipwizards is the man to remap them, not sure if anyone else can do them??
Gti6s have naff all room for cam upgrades and most go in retarded which obviously isn't ideal for performance :(

Miles

Miles
  • Pitcrew+
  • 11,683 posts
  • Name:Miles
Garage View Garage
And there's no real way of checking with ease how much clearance you have, It may turn by hand but at 7000rpm things are different

amin

amin
  • Passengers
  • 19 posts
  • Name:amin

Hey

Which engine is better for Peugeot 205?GTI-6 or 2 liter MI16?and which one has more potential for tuning?