Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Cp Pistons And Carrillo Connection Rods For Mi16

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

andy0075

andy0075
  • Drivers
  • 127 posts
  • Name:Andreas
Garage View Garage
Hi,

I want some CP pistons and Carrillo connection rods for my MI16 race engine but
i can't find something for the MI16 in the official CP/Carrillo catalogue on their website.

Do anybody know ordernumbers and what cr i will get with them ?

First i thought to buy Wössner but since Sandy wrote in another thread that the quality is
very poor and he only uses CP/Omega any more i will go this route too :-)

Andy

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,027 posts
  • Name:Mei
Sandy has them made to his own specific design.

the 1.9 16v is actually listed in the vintage/custom section, and they say that any piston on the catalogue can be altered to suit, so best give them a call or email.

Edited by welshpug, 11 October 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist
  • Drivers
  • 631 posts
  • Name:Pete
Might want to try Robsons conrods for the rods. That's who Sandy uses most of the time. They will make them to your spec, and probably be cheaper. Plus it's a British firm. I have them in my engine. Excellent product and service.

andy0075

andy0075
  • Drivers
  • 127 posts
  • Name:Andreas
Garage View Garage
Sounds not good! I can't order a specific design for me because i don't know how it should look like :-)

the 1.9 16v is actually listed in the vintage/custom section, and they say that any piston on the catalogue can be altered to suit, so best give them a call or email.

Yes i saw them, but that are only the rods...

@MadScientist : Nice conrods! But i'am not from UK :-)

Thank you for your answers!

Andy

caballino

caballino
  • Passengers
  • 29 posts
  • Name:Fernando

Hi Andy, here in Argentina you have SAENZ connecting rod! EXCELENT QUALITY !!!! I bought it 3 years ago more or less. I have never problems with my connecting rods and my pistions ( I have 420hp with turbo)