Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hi Flow Heads 2300cc Internals

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Saveit

Saveit
  • Drivers
  • 472 posts

...and Saveit seems to be talking about 4 different engines and confusing the bejesus out of people. That's been commented on so I merely expressed my feelings which I'm entitled to do also.

No no - only 2 different engines, 8v or 16v 1600cc :blush: Sorry if i am confusing you, but i am only talking about 2 different engines :ph34r:

None of the proposed solutions seem to reach 2.4 liters? I have a 2.4L iron block mi16, and Peugeot Sport Engineering in Denmark have just come up with a new 2.5L stroker kit for peugeots. So should be possible to reach more than 2237 cc or something like that?

Mandic

Mandic
  • Drivers
  • 859 posts
As far as the capacity goes, You can get 98mm crank from Denmark and bore certain iron block to say 89mm, this way You get 2438cc, with 88mm bore You get 2384cc.

Cheers

Ziga

kutija

kutija
  • Drivers
  • 57 posts
Garage View Garage
What 98mm crank and how much?

Mandic

Mandic
  • Drivers
  • 859 posts
:ph34r:

Contact Kristian or VP, they'll know more.

Cheers

Ziga

wardy18

wardy18
  • Drivers+
  • 2,170 posts
Garage View Garage
just a note to bare in mine

this 98mm crank would result in quite extensive work inside the block for it to fit, even the 96mm 406 2.2td crank results in block work as the stroke is so much longer than standard, the bottom of the bores need machining to fit

B1ack_Mi16

B1ack_Mi16
  • Pitcrew+
  • 2,775 posts
The cranks with longest stroke is 100mm that came from Denmark I think (if they havent made something even longer by now).

So this crank and a 89mm bore block will give 2489cc.. so almost 2.5 litres.

Hilgie

Hilgie
  • Team Managers
  • 2,957 posts
  • Name:Hilgert Bos
Garage View Garage
That will be a very long stroked and sluggish engine I guess..

B1ack_Mi16

B1ack_Mi16
  • Pitcrew+
  • 2,775 posts

Don't think so really.

My 2.3 litre has 94.5mm stroke so it's not that far away, and it's much more rev happy anyway than a 2.0 Mi16 with 86mm stroke.

Engines don't need to get sluggish by the longer stroke, only thing that might be a problem is that rods get thrown out of the block if you rev it too high :)

Saveit

Saveit
  • Drivers
  • 472 posts

Not at all. Actually i think its opposite. I have a 2.4L made here in Denmark by the company that does these long-stroke cranks. I guess mine would be the 98mm crank. And i can tell you, its a revy beast. When you hit the throttle and it reached 3000rpm all hell breaks loose, its almost uncontrolable. It flies through the rev range, its like you almost have to keep your eyes on the dashboard in order to shift gear before it hits the limiter. Actually i think the engine is too powerful for a 205. I would like a longer gearing for it but i am not that in to gearboxes and replacing different parts and so on, so ill just have to go with the 1.9 gearbox as it is. But the car is not at all sluggish.

Edited by Saveit, 04 June 2009 - 05:42 AM.

Guest_L2theK_*

Guest_L2theK_*
  • Guests
It should be said that the cranks dosn't come from Denmark, they are from England.
they are special made from a company by the name of fardon, they manufacture both the 98 mm and the 100 mm crank.

The 96 mm peugeot crank is from the peugeot 406 2,2 liter engine, engine code EW12j4.

If you use the 96 mm crank and pistons from a BMW M3 you'll end up with a 2251 cm3 and this is more than half the cost of using a Fardon crank.

Baz

Baz
  • Drivers.
  • 10,300 posts
  • Name:באז
That would be Farndon.

Rippthrough

Rippthrough
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,181 posts

If you use the 96 mm crank and pistons from a BMW M3 you'll end up with a 2251 cm3 and this is more than half the cost of using a Fardon crank.

:)

I like that, the BMW boys are nicking XU9J4 and XU10J4/RS rods and bearings for their engines ('cause the bearings are s*it), and the Peugeot lads are nicking their cranks and pistons in return :lol:

Mandic

Mandic
  • Drivers
  • 859 posts
S14 crank fits straight in? Or am I missing something? How long are the rods?

Cheers

Ziga

phatgti

phatgti
  • Drivers
  • 1,076 posts
i have a 2.1 12v TD engine from a 406, (XUD11?)
Would that crank be useable in a bigger bore petrol engine?

I don't have time for an extensive search, just passing through for old times sake.

Hi folk that know me! :D

Kev's still messing around I see :)

Sandy

Sandy
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,308 posts
Yes.

DrSarty

DrSarty
  • Drivers
  • 4,983 posts
  • Name:Rich
Garage View Garage
To elaborate on Sandy's "yes", it's what I have in my 2.2 engine.

92mm stroke with 87mm bore = 2187cc. You can go to 88mm (+?) on an iron block with care.

phatgti

phatgti
  • Drivers
  • 1,076 posts
What pistons did you use Doc?
Will it fit the alloy XU9 block from the 1.9 8v or just the iron blocked stuff?
Also is it a runner and how does it go?

Thanks to both of you :(

Edited by phatgti, 30 September 2009 - 08:19 AM.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,028 posts
  • Name:Mei
have a look at "2.2L 16v Details in here:" in the Dr's signature :( iron block + custom pistons, goes like stink...

GLPoomobile

GLPoomobile
  • Drivers
  • 7,334 posts
  • Name:Barnaby Worthington-Titwank III

Also is it a runner and how does it go?

It goes broooooooooooooom, pop, pop, pop, BANG, broooooooooooooom, pop, pop, pop, BANG,
:( B)

I'll get around to sending Rich the vids I took of it one day. They're a bit crap though and don't do it justice.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,028 posts
  • Name:Mei
:( where have you been GLP?