• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stef205

[car_upgrade] Stef's 205 Gti6 Conversion And Tidy

camgti

think the M45s are on most of the C class and E class. They are a pretty common charger and should be easy to source over there. I think the Mini is the same too as you have worked out.

Cam

stef205

The mini m45 and the Mercedes m45 are different, out side and inside. I'm trying to source a mini one as spares are easier to find

(null)

allanallen

Pisser about the charger stef! As I said before buddy it's defo a Frankenstein'd mini casing, non of the mercs have an inlet that shape nor the water pump drive (blanked off on yours) under the inlet.

stef205

It's defiantly a weird one the inlet is flat and is a flange type flush with the water pump back plate unlike the minis with a hose type fitting, going to for a mini one so I can be sure, are you at pugfest Allen?

(null)

allanallen

It's defiantly a weird one the inlet is flat and is a flange type flush with the water pump back plate unlike the minis with a hose type fitting, going to for a mini one so I can be sure, are you at pugfest Allen?

(null)

I'd day the inlet flange has been machined flat by someone for whatever reason, the original flange is a bit of a pain to mount anything to.

No pugfest for me now unfortunately :(

stef205

Aww that's a shame! Was looking forward to having a chat and having nosey.

allanallen

I wouldn't of been in the charged one anyhow, it's been laid up since I had a minor tyre wall incident at oulton a while back.

stef205

Oh I see, nothing to serious I hope. After watching the videos of your I could never get tired of that noise! ;)

allanallen

Oh I see, nothing to serious I hope. After watching the videos of your I could never get tired of that noise! ;)

I thought that when I first built it! Trust me as a daily drive it gets a bit annoying and attracts far to much attention :P

stef205

I think I can deal with that! Once I've found another charger of course! ;)

stef205

small update, have sourced another charger, its like new only done roughly 50-100 miles so should be 100x better than the old pile of rubbish i had before. I got the radiator, oil cooler and intercooler in and fitted, also test fitted the inlet manifold so i could start making the boost pipe to the intercooler.

878d0d61.jpg

98f3b53e.jpg

will tig it all up tomorrow, also i started to fit a inner skin pannel to the fibreglass bonnet i got so i could you the standard hinges.

e8a71efd.jpg

sending the engine mounting and s/c brackets off to be shot blasted ready for a bit of paint. Hopefully charger will be with me soon.

finally starting to look like a car again! after while

a24ffc6e.jpg

stef205

small update,

sent the engine mount off to shot blasting got it back and gave it some red oxide treatment and then painted it matt black,

a7c7dd0a.jpg

also got the boost pipes tiged up and fitted a stainless 180 bend as i knew that the silicone one would just collapse.

The new charger turned up also and is spot less money well spent in my opinion

350118a0.jpg

No argueing on condition of these rotors unlike the other heap i had, fitted the boost pipe plate but for some reason one hole is way off so will have to sort that.

0b73082a.jpg

hopefully if the weather will let me try and get it on

All for now :)

allanallen

Good progress stef!

I don't know if I've mentioned it already but I'd highly recommend getting a spring loaded/auto tensioner for the belt (gti6 uses one as standard). There's a surprising amount of belt stretch at higher rpms and the belt slips like a bastard.

stef205

Ah ok will have to look into that cheers buddy

(null)

stef205

started to fit the new charger to the car but run into some problems, the nose appears to be different and one of the mount points had to be cut off the mount no big issue just need to make another and weld on also finished off the last boost pipe to the charger. Quickly sat the inlet on just to make sure i cleared every thing and it did. Tomorrow i plan to break the front end down to paint all the metal work up as its only in red oxide and some is still bare. Will leave with this for now.

a4347570.jpg

:)

stef205

Today I finished off the water hoses today, still waiting on some vacuum take offs for the inlet, also fitted the new bonnet it's not great but far better than what I had.

48a77c83.jpg

Needs de aying back abit some marks in it but for what I paid for it can't moan

stef205

Got the inlet finished off and bolted on to the engine and finished everything off, everything is done bar the belt to run the s/c as I have the wrong tensioner and idler pulley, managed to get a set from chipstick so hopefully it should be good to start tomorrow also having the auto tensioner should stop any belt squealing.

(null)

624bfd2c.jpg

f1e8d0ac.jpg

(null)

allanallen

Stef, I'd get rid of the pipe between the vac pump and the inlet. You'll be blowing into the vac pump which it probably won't appreciate :P

stef205

Ah ok mate didn't think about that! DOH! Whats your opinion on which pipes to go where then?

(null)

allanallen

I would think that pipe wants its own little filter or putting in between the charger and the air filter.

Where's you re-circ/dump valve fitted?

stef205

On the pipe between the inlet and inter cooler, I've just had that outlet welded into the inlet can I use it to run the servo and not use the vac pump

(null)

cheesegrater

What pulley have you opted for? Estimated boost pressure?

allanallen

On the pipe between the inlet and inter cooler, I've just had that outlet welded into the inlet can I use it to run the servo and not use the vac pump

(null)

Sorry mate it could be me but that makes no sense whatsoever :D what have you welded to what?

welshpug

better off using the vacuum pump in its own and blank off the other bit.