Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Cam Breather, Mot Failure?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts
  • Name:Ross
If I were to shove a small filter on the top of the breather outlet on the top of the rocker cover, would it fail the MOT? The car has TB's and so it's not as if I can plumb the breather back into the induction system!!

Cheers

Ross

Jrod

Jrod
  • Veterans
  • 3,326 posts
  • Name:Jordan
Never has for the 3 cars that I've put through mots like it.

base-1

base-1
  • Veterans+
  • 2,638 posts
  • Name:I'm Rick James, bitch!
The likelihood of you failing for it/the tester noticing/the tester giving a crap is probably miniscule, but strictly speaking it is an exhaust gas and has to go through the exhaust system. Just leave it tbh

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts
Cheers chaps, I'll put one on and hope for the best then!

boldy205

boldy205
  • Drivers+
  • 1,525 posts
  • Name:Matt
you could just put a pipe on the cover and run it down the back of the engine, the MOT person wont even notice then, thats what i did with mine.

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts
I was thinking of doing that too, but none of the local factors had an pipe of the right diameter!

arnold naber

arnold naber
  • Drivers
  • 92 posts

you could just put a pipe on the cover and run it down the back of the engine, the MOT person wont even notice then, thats what i did with mine.

That does the trick in the netherlands... i use a oi catch tank i take of the little filter nput a hose on it and it vanishes between the rest of the pipes

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts
Well my little K&N breather filter arrived just in time for the MOT and it flew through!

allanallen

allanallen
  • Pitcrew+
  • 2,669 posts
  • Name:Allan Storer
Garage View Garage
Good news matey, how did it look on the omisions? (i have no idea how to spell that..)

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts
CO was 2.3% and HC were 314, waaaay within target. Limits are 3.5% CO and 1200 HC's)