• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

[trackday_prep] 205 2.1 16V Rallye Track Car

rallyeash

so, bit dirty, covered in insects and flys

Picture149.jpg

Picture147.jpg

after a clean

Picture148.jpg

back apart again, rear beam removed.

Picture150.jpg

23mm tb's

Picture151.jpg

i then dropped the beam over to anthony's for him to give it a check over and fit the tb's, resetting the ride height approx 5mm lower.

was going to try get it all done before the trackday but ran out of time. should all be done by the end of the week so back fitted for the combe action day, 8)

rallyeash

popped over to merlins earlier and bought this little beauty, should stop the rear brakes locking up first... couldnt brake very late/hard at combe last week as i didnt want to be backwards into quarry.

Picture161-2.jpg

small list to get it ready for the 3 sessions booked for the action day next saturday.

refit beam from anthony,

plumb in bias valve,

bleed brakes,

fit grip tape to footwells,

stengthen/brace bonnet to stop flap

make brackets to support grill

mot and tax

want to be driving it to combe as trailering on an action day is a nightmare, paddock is waaay to busy.

Edited by rallyeash

rallyeash

had some good time on the car over the weekend, picked up the beam from anthony and fitted that. plumbed in the bias valve and bled the brakes through.

back on its wheels now, i braced the underside of the bonnet which should stop the major bonnet flap i was getting at combe a few weeks ago.

nearly ready for combe now, just a few small bits left then a good clean up. :ph34r:

Matt Holley

What did you do to brace the bonnet? I suppose I should do mine aswell!

rallyeash

I blagged some 25mmx4mm flat steel from work, cut it to the width of where the bonnet drops down above the grill and bond'd it to the underside of the bonnet right at the front edge using evo-stick liquid metal :unsure: can't see it hardly from the underside but its pretty stiff now so should be fine. gota be better than before!!

rallyeash

Mot'd this afternoon B):D

just gota pop to the post office tomorrow and get the tax sorted

rallyeash

got the tax today, and brought it home this evening, going out to get some petrol in a bit and do some pointless miles, just because i can :ph34r: well pleased its on the road again.

lukesaddy

WOW thats the nicest rallye ive ever seen,

Looks immense, makes me wish i had a rallye not a couple of GTi's lol, cage is class too :)

rallyeash

after another sucsessfull trackday at combe (4 action day sessions) still in one piece and been reliable again. really pleased with how it was going on saturday. still getting used to it, as i know i could be harder and later on the brakes, smoother/faster through the bends.

couple of pics from saturday

053.jpg

and one infront of the older brother 8)

meandash.png

only issue is fuel starvation which im still trying to source an inline pump and swirl pot.

over the next week or two will be taking the seats out, try and tidy up the inside of the car and finish off the dash. then want to start on the dash dials, going to go for a stack 8k tacho i think. although currently can't really afford to do much at mo.

Anthony

Looked to be going well at Combe from what I saw of it - I did worry briefly when one of your sessions was red flagged and I didn't see you come around with the rest of the cars!

Did you find the suspension setup better now that it has the 23mm torsion bars fitted, even if for the moment it's only running a standard 19mm ARB?

rallyeash

thanks, yeah on that session i started getting fuel surge due to be getting towards half a tank so i pulled in on the lap that the red flag came out (unknowingly) i didnt want to risk the engine running lean.

re the suspension. in all honestly i didnt notice alot difference, possibly due to the temporary decrease in the arb. think it is abit harder on the rear though. i need to get my shocks sent back and get them serviced and the adjuster one of of them sorted. think once ive got all that done should be much better :ph34r:

Stolton

Video is awesome :)

rallyeash

thanks, its my mate behind in the other 205 also. standard gti6 engine on a fairly well spec'd chassis

allye

Oh my that sounds nice :wub: GTI6 sounds good as well ^_^

rallyeash

right then,

Just got back from picking up this nice little lot, should sort my fuel starvation issues out. can't afford to run this engine lean...

Bosch 044 pump

1.5L swirl pot

fuel filter

aeroquip fittings and bulkhead fittings todo a neat job going through the firewall.

braided lines right from the pump to the rail and back again.

Picture.jpg

rallyeash

right then, progress on the old slag.

fuel pump, swirl pot and lines all mounted behind the passengers seat

Picture252.jpg

Fuel lines run down the inside of the passengers footwell, lighting harness clipped along side

Picture253.jpg

Up to the bulkhead using proper aeroquip bulkhead fittings

Picture254.jpg

out into the engine bay, just awaiting acouple of fittings to finish it off under the bonnet then can fire it up:)

Picture255.jpg

passengers seat refitted. Not much room but theres enough.

Picture251.jpg

want it all finished so i can drive it to combe on monday for the first race of the season :)

testamias

To nice! Beautiful engine! Love the roll cage! 3X !!!

rallyeash

thanks, nearly all set for Llandow on the 21st. only 8 days togo :ph34r:

• Like 1

stu8v

Dont take this the wrong way but, its a very bad idea to run that setup inside the passenger compartment, if that goes up you will be toast.......

At the very least it should all be in a sealed box!

rallyeash

loads of track and race cars etc run the fuel system inside the car though? ive changed the pipework now, the main return runs back to the swirl pot, then from there back to the standard tank.

stu8v

Its never in its naked state though, always in a sealed box.

I can send you a copy of the "blue book" if you want, so you can get it up to spec.

rallyeash

i spose making a sealed box for that footwell won't be to hard seeing as theres nearly 2 corners already :)

rallyeash

Llandow last saturday :ph34r:

Picture564.jpg

rallyeash

out at castle combe yesterday, whole day without a single issue :)

177gr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us