• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

p1234

[Race_Prep] 205 Race/rallycross

p1234

Few bits done today,

With no engine I turned my attention to finishing off the bodywork,

Made up some headlight blanks fitted the mirrors etc

20130105_154435_zps6571ec8d.jpg

20130105_164645_zps751957bc.jpg

Picture of the garage

20130105_121154_zps00709812.jpg

p1234

Changed the front rad setup again today. (the 3rd time now!)

Ditched the standard fan and fan cowl as it was going to affect the fitting of the sump guard and just went with an aftermarket 10' fan and made up some 90 degree brackets for supporting the rad.

Happy with it now (I think !!)

20130111_122133_zps1b338204.jpg

p1234

Eh??

20130112_113707_zps21d9fbf3.jpg

Got the engine loom and ecu mounted today, only a couple of connections to make and some tiding up and the loom should be sorted. No doubt a bit of fiddling to do to it once the engine is in and running but happy enough with it as I thought it was going to be a nightmare. Would have been lost without this http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=114881 turned out to be a great help.

20130112_140028_zps2b94c37f.jpg

Time to start putting this engine together over the next few days.

p1234

Collected the block this evening :)

88mm balanced diesel crank

S16 rods and pistons with 1mm deepened inlet

New piston rings

Lightened and balanced flywheel

Uprated main and big end bearings

New crank seal

The head I bought from Miles donkeys ago can finally be fitted. He has finished my 1.9 gearbox with a 4.4 and a shinny new 3J driveline plated diff :D

Got a few other bits done during the week

Scuttle Panel

20130114_135450_zps56b66bd3.jpg

Painted the head light covers and got them fitted along with some bonnet pins, minus 1 as I lost it somehow!

20130116_155531_zps7c25c550.jpg

Hopefully next up date will be with a fitted engine.

hcmini1989

What cams are you running?

p1234

A Pt 81 exhaust and a re grind Pt 81 inlet that Peter T did for me.

hcmini1989

1. whats the spec of the head? .This is basicly what i wanted to do with my engine but have been talked out of it (see my other post )

Oh and what did you have done with the block just a hone or are you going oversized pistons?.

p1234

Block just got a hone, no oversize pistons as that would have brought up cc's and thus up a class. Block was in good condition starting off.

Bought the head from Miles which was built by SMD racing

Ported, 3 angled valve seats, new valves, lifters and valve springs.

welshpug

but you're running 88mm crank, so that is over capacity surely?

p1234

Got the engine together today :)

20130123_182622_zpsa09705d4.jpg

The car and engine are now in my local mechanic's garage. He has kindly lent me one of his lifts for the next few days to get the engine in and everything finished off which is great because never mind the fact it has a lift it also has a f*^king heater, ha ha, I was looking like this :ph34r: all day!

JeffR

If you're using an 88mm crank & pushing the pistons 1mm further up the bore, aren't you courting disater with piston to valve clearance? Unless of course you've fly cut the piston valve reliefs deeper to compensate.

p1234

I had the pockets deepened on the pistons alright. Also used S16 pistons and rods which are that bit shorter than gti6 ones.

JeffR

Had I scolled up the page a bit further, I could have answered my own question! :P

• Like 1

p1234

Busy last weekend in the stockhatch championship so haven't got near the 'money pit!'

149484_10200156231163669_929217634_n.jpg

BDA-it

Will you be over at Lydden or Pembrey this year? Ive just bought a 205 mi16 rally car and fancy a few round sin the BTRDA Clubmans champ!

p1234

There was some talk at our round 5 today about heading to Pembrey in August I think.

Mondello lost the European and british championships this summer so there looking at filling the gaps in the calander.

I wont be over in this silver one but ill be there in my stockhatch if it happens as were going well in the championship at the moment.

The gearbox has arrived from Miles and will all be fitted by the end of the week. A bit of wiring to sort and than off to get mapped. Ill get some photos during the week.

p1234

Engine fitted!

Just got back from the garage after some late nights, finally have the engine box clutch throttle bodies and ecu fitted, gearbox is missing a drive shaft seal so that stopped any ideas of cranking it over but im gonna pick one up in the morning and finish off the last few bits tomorrow night. Will have a running engine for the first time in 18 months tomorrow night ( I hope!) :D

p1234

It lives!!

Got a bit stuck last night with the wiring but with a bit of help from 205 Drivers (yet again!!) Its purring like a kitten,

The revs pick up so easy, and the bark from the bodies is eminence.

Bit of tiding to do with the loom, and broke the scuttle panel with a badly placed hand but only cosmetic stuff.

Rolling road next :)

20130323_155041_zpsc8d334a2.jpg

20130323_155027_zps96e3c7fa.jpg

p1234

I have it back in my own garage now,

20130330_153732_zpsbef946d2.jpg

20130330_154626_zps543fc46a.jpg

20130330_154653_zps2e8fe52b.jpg

Not booked in for mapping yet as im up to my t**s in work, but plan to get in contact with them this week.

p1234

Arrived at the Dyno, went to take the car off the truck and realised the fiberglass boot lid was eh .... gone.

Some serious winds driving down swept it clean off the car about a mile down the road, found it, luckily it hadn't done damage to anybody's car but
its gonna need some serious tlc!

Anyhow good results from the dyno, 212bhp and 164 ftlb of torgue.

Mapper set the rev limit to 7700rpm but said it would have made more power if he raised it but its set at a safe limit for now.

The temp sensor packed in and was reading a constant 80 degrees so he couldn't finialise the cold start settings but ill get a new one and a little tweek will sort that.

petert

Was this with the PT81 that we reground?

p1234

It was indeed Peter, dyno used only calibrated on Monday so accurate results.