• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

p1234

[Race_Prep] 205 Race/rallycross

p1234

Heres the block all assembled with forged pistons, Pec rods, uprated bearings and ARP bolts.

2_zps484c91a5.jpg

4_zps8f4ccf2a.jpg

I have a standard head and cams getting checked over so should have that back this week ready for fitting.

Im also in the process of re building the suspension in both my 205's, as if there wasn't enough to be cracking on with!

1_zps8d425b0c.jpg

3_zps0d1864c8.jpg

p1234

Before anyone mentions....yes I know the red 205 needs a wash, it was busy last weekend.....

5_zps13db7777.jpg

p1234

A bit of an update on this,

Head back from the machine shop, all bolted together and fitted last week,

Went at mounting all the brackets etc today and am hoping to get at the intercooler and relevant piping etc tomorrow.

205%20supercharger_zpsocpitln4.jpg

205%20supercharger1_zpscgbt6yph.jpg

205%20supercharger2_zpsjjrafewh.jpg

• Like 1

p1234

Im having fun trying to fit a rad, intercooler and 2 oil coolers in the front but nearly all sorted. Supercharger is mounted and all relevant pipework fitted. Should be ready to start up in the coming days.

Im wondering about the map that is currently on the ecu, it was for my previous engine on itb's....will it even start now that its hooked up to a low compression engine?

• Like 1

welshpug

should still start indeed, obviously wouldn't advise driving it till its mapped properly.

p1234

Great, cheers man. It's booked in for mapping in 2 weeks. As long as it starts up ill be delighted. I have the map sensor to wire in and top everything with oil and its good to go.....hopefully!!

petert

So A/C and supercharged isn't possible? Or is that bottom pulley just in place of the compressor?

Edited by petert

Jme

Watching this post looks mint. I want to charge or turbo my mi16 but can't get a remap over in spain or gibraltar so got to save the cash to take it back to uk ????

• Like 1

p1234

A/C and supercharging is still possible but this set up does away with it and relocates the PAS pump in its place. I have neither so a dummy pulley is fitted to keep the belt and tensioner as standard.

p1234

All coolers piped up and in the process of sorting a swirl pot and Bosch 044 pump.

5755_zpssqwngjjs.jpg

petert

More pics please!

p1234

No problem Peter,

Im in the process of adding a swirl pot and uprated fuel pump.

I run a 20 liter aluminium tank in the original position along with a standard 205in tank pump which ill use as a lift pump to feed a swirl pot under the bonnet.

20150428_190613_zpsrzy88nao.jpg

20150428_185848_zpss81hzhg9.jpg

The car now runs 4 radiators, an oil cooler for the engine, one for the supercharger, a coolant rad and an intercooler. I dropped the position of the coolant rad and tilted the top back slightly allowing room for the intercooler which was made especially for my 205. Not having to use headlights certainly helped with space! (excuse the dirt....needs a good clean!)

96_zpsaelpsqpr.jpg

1212_zpsbvtja8ss.jpg

Mocked up some headlight blanks out of some strong mesh which will also be used in the grill

20150411_135051_zpsxugjdrrl.jpg

p1234

Got all the fuel lines sorted over the past few days and fired it up for the first time,

5755_zpssqwngjjs.jpg

A quick check over and the car was ready for mapping which I got done on Wednesday

20150520_135144_zpssei1obkz.jpg

7 hours later she was all done, showing some good results.

Testing booked in for 2 weeks so time to get the the front together and everything tided up

petert

... showing some good results.

You're teasing us.

p1234

You're teasing us.

The injectors were maxing out at around 320hp so he brought it back a bit to 305hp. I'm going to run it at that for now...there's always the option to go a bit more if I want when I strengthen the drivetrain which will be the next move.

petert

Wow, that will be nice to drive.

• Like 1

blandy

How do you find it compares to the n/a set up you were running previously?

johniban

looks epic

p1234

How do you find it compares to the n/a set up you were running previously?

I haven't driven it in anger yet but with 80hp more than previous and a lot more torque id expect it to be a different car,

One thing we noted since the charger was fitted.....I miss the bark from the itb's!

Entry sent in for rounds 2 and 3 of the Btrda rx championship on the 6th and 7th of June in Pembey so 2 weeks to get the car rallycross ready.

blandy

Is the inlet manifold the standard ond Lynx use for the 306 or is it made specifically for a 205? Seem to recall someone mentioned 205's have to run a shorter manifold for clearance issues

p1234

Its the standard length and bonnet fits fine although I use a fiberglass auto bonnet which gives a bit more space so not sure on standard bonnet.

p1234

Quick update on this,

Having great fun....breaking shafts, failed to finish an event since July, Have purchased a set from AB motorsport and hopefully will sort the issue for next season

Also picked up a 5.2 Cwp so the box is coming out....again!!

20150604_200359_zpsmnntkoll.jpg

12193733_10207774408828745_4845107198432

11713837_1024048730939148_87385141785751

New plan for 2017 which will see me move away from 205 ownership....well bodyshell at least!