• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

405 Mi16 2.0 (s16) Key-pad Lockout

jacobs53

I think that keypad website above proves that the code is stored inside the keypad not the ecu... so people who have paid mega money for ecu be unlocked have been supplied with two wires which bridge 12volts.

lee

Dino

The default code from the factory is 0001. Try that and you never know you might get lucky as it might not have been changed in the entire lifetime of the car! My 306 was on the factroy default until I changed it!

jackherer

Its been said in the past that if you have a running donor car and you unplug the keypad with it running the ecu will never need a code again.

I tested this recently with a xantia 1.8 16v I'm using at the moment and it worked as described.

Another experiment I tried with a xantia activa 2.0 turbo unfortunately disproves jacobs53's theory, if I connect keypads from any of my other xantias I need to enter the cars original keycode, so it must be stored in the ecu.

B1ack_Mi16

I'm sure that the code is stored in the ECU too, that's just the way it is.

What I actually want to know is whether my ECU now is unlocked, when the key-pad just lights up the green light momentantly after turning egnition on?

If that's the case I'll just need to do some double checking on the rest of the wiring.

sonofsam
Thank you for your email and valued enquiry regarding the decoding of the engine control unit on your Peugeot 406 turbo. we shall be happy to sort out that task should you entrust the locked unit with our company.

The way to accomplish the decoding is to buffer out the security chips and then the keypad is redundant, your vehicle will start on the ignition key alone.

Labour charge is 3 hours of workshop time at £30/hour and the modified board/components is £50. Add £5 towards our carriage costs and packaging, the total payable would be £145. That includes 12 months warranty on the complete unit and no VAT payable by you.

The information on the security chip contains vehicle details such as VIN, etc. That can be read by any compatible code reader, of which we do have in our workshop.

The security code is another matter Sam. That information is encrypted and is recognised by the immobiliser unit only.

When you think about it Sam, the security would not be up to much if any garage or similar outlet could download the data and simply enter it into the keypad to re-activate the security system!!

Thats what i was told when i spoke to the guy who unlocked mine ;)

B1ack_Mi16

Just an update on this thread about the key-pad.

After buying the new unlocked ECU and still no luck with starting and strange key-pad behaviors with both lights on at the same time, we put the keypad into a 406 turbo and started and stopped the car with our key-pad.

Put it back in the 309 S16 we're converting and it started on first try.

So at last it's running :)

kevcomdude

I did the same thing on my 306 keypad, and this is how I overcame it.

Disconnect the battery for 30 mins to and hour

Turn the ignition key to the 2nd position

Connect the battery again

Start the engine

Turn off the engine

Now when it asked you for the code it should have reset back to 1111

It worked for me hope it is of help

Kev

ledders

I no this is a long running debate is there a definate answer to unlocking the ecu/keypad in simple english!!!

sonofsam

Yes, pay someone else to do it, if you dont have any access to a donor vehicle to unlock it first or afterwards.

Sign in to follow this