• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
holland_gt

Tu3 Cam And Induction Queries

holland_gt

Hey,

I've been looking at trying to improve the performance of my GTX (1.4 single point injection Tu3) and I've read that fitting a cam from say the AX gti, or any other higher performance TU engine will help... is this true? and which case which one should I source?

Also I've been thinking about the induction mess on this car. I've got a green performance cone fitted but its position seems stupid to me, exposed to the heat of the engine as its trapped at the back! So I was thinking about fitting a pipe from the throttle body down to a more suitable position for the air filter. And for the rocker cover breather, I was going to put a little pipercross breather on it. Again, has anyone tried this or am I being ambitious?

Thanks Lads

RossD

The cam swap will probably cause the engine to run roughly as its not mapped to suit the cam. I've put a small K&N filter on my cam cover breather, doesnt seem to cause any problems although when you get out of the car after a run it causes it to smell slightly! Got through the MOT fine with it too.

holland_gt

Yea I was thinking that the map might let me down. Might go ahead with a breather then! Thanks for the reply

Sign in to follow this