• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Moz_Goodwood

Tt Intercooler

Moz_Goodwood

im putting a 2.0 turbo engine in my 309 and im going through the options of intercoolers, i know about using the 2wd cossie and punto gt intercoolers but what about the one that turbo technics used?

what intercooler did they use? where was it mounted? and can it still be bought? and would it be compatable?

if someone does have a turbo technics car could you take some pics of where they mounted the intercooler :blink:

Edited by Moz_Goodwood

whizzer71

Take a look at Mad Professors sig theres a link to a whole load of pics for his TT,the original intercooler is very small I would advise going for the cossie one for ease of fitment or one of the aftermarket ones on E-bay,we have a medium sized one all alloy one fitted to my mates car and that works really well.

Hope that helps

:blink:

Moz_Goodwood

yeah cheers for that mate he likes his pics dont he ;)

bizket205dimma

hi if your intrested i may have a spare tt intercooler??

Henry Yorke

A TT cooler will not be a lot of use on a 2.0 turbo engine as all the boost pipes run over the top, whereas the TT has the one from the turbo going underneath, so the cooler is designed for bottom in and top out.

I have also run an R5 GTT intercooler before, but it was not that strong. I have a plenum chamber though as I use the original 1.9 inlet manofold and throttle body, where the XU10 doesn't have this

Sign in to follow this