• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

R1 Carb Manifold

hcmini1989

right im about to start to make a manifold to take my r carbs on my mi16 engine just hit a snag though the old mi manifold has three takeoffs on it i think one goes to the servo not sure about the other 2 do i hve to put these on the new mnifold if so how becaude wont it suck in fuel aswell s ir in the vcum or is there anyother way round it like myb a vacum pump ive had a look round nd cant seem to see ny take offs on any body elses

mattbenselin

You will just need 1 take off for the brake servo I think. Don't transfer the others. Sure other people will be able to back me up but I'm pretty sure.

ORB

what matt said is correct.

DrSarty
You will just need 1 take off for the brake servo I think. Don't transfer the others. Sure other people will be able to back me up but I'm pretty sure.

Yep, just one for the brake servo, and, if you need it with carbs (I don't know carbs) one for the FPR.

Ooh and P.S. no texty typy please. We no likey!

Edited by DrSarty

hcmini1989

so should i just put a take off on one of the tubes [there will be 4 tubes going to the carbs] but woulnt there be fuel in the vacuam pipe and brake servo then as the normal mi manifold only has air in it

Peetypug

just put one take off on one of the pipes.

I had one made by bogg brothers, it only had the one for the servo

It had nothing in it to stop fuel so i dont think there will be an issue with it.

pip470

The engine is sucking so no fuel will go up the pipe. Its a vacuum pipe to the servo. I think your just thinking about it the wrong way. I can see how you have come to that assumption though. If you do not understand what I mean, let me know and ill try another way. Hopefully you will get it from this. Phill

Edited by pip470

unariciflocos

I'm halfway through making my bike carb manifold but i'm going to get vacuum from all cylinders into a copper 35mm diameter pipe that will act as an accumulator. From there i'll go to the brake and advance for the dizzy. I heard this is the best way to do it.

Am I wrong? If so please explain.

Cheers, Andrei

mattbenselin

Your not wrong, but your making it a lot harder for youself. The vacuum tubes serve just to create a vacuum inside them which means you are not going to draw anything through them or spit anything up them so the cylinders won't be unbalanced. Everyone else (Bogg Bros, Shenpar, Weber, etc) use one take off and they make proven products. 1 will be adequate.

unariciflocos

I'm still going to go for all fours and an accumulator, get the ripple out of the vacuum and balance it between the cylinders. I want to do this because I'm guessing my Kent PT23 cam (304 duration) will mess with the pressures even more.

Sign in to follow this