• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Gti6 Box Istead Of A Be3

hcmini1989

right ive sheared the input in my be3 box so maybe thinking of chnging to s 6 speed ive done some research but cant find anything on the selcotors do i need to change these i mean the selector box inside the car beause i read that it will need a lockout for reverse allso will i need to cut the inner wing out as ive read a few that say it fouls and others say it desnt apart from all that is this a good conversion as ive been speaking to a few people and they say not to bother and that i would be better of with a 5 speed its an mi16 engine by the way thanks

GTI6BOY

Wheel will rub on the box as its bigger so you loose a lot of right hand turn. I and a couple of my friends have removed them due to the lack of turn but others are not to bothered.

I would stick with the mi box personally or change to a xsara vts box which is sort of a modern version of the mi

Richie-Van-GTi

gear selectors, you need a be1 gearstick inside the car with the lift up reverse to attach the cable for the 6 box. Also you need to put some kind of stop of the track arm so the stering stops before the wheel fouls the gearbox as this would be an MOT failure.

monty69

The turning circle on my 306 gti6 is a joke, i wouldnt even consider a 6 speed 205 without considerable track width increase.

Batfink

dont chuck away your old gearbox as you will need the old clutch arm, speedo sensor and one of the gear selector arms

Sign in to follow this