• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmi

Phase One Electrics

jimmi

Hi all again,Just spent whole day rewiring the plugs on rear of dash display..all warning lights and gauges now working correctly :) - someone had wired-up the plugs incorrectly prior to me purchasing the car !

But still have an issue with left hand indicator .. all indicators work fine via 'hazard switch' and right hand indicator functions ok via stalk switch. Problem is when I try left hand indicator there is a buzzing noise from either the fuseboard ( brandnew) or a relay above it..Thought that the stalk/switch was maybe 'shorting-out internally' ? I have tried an alternative stalk and still have same problem..Any ideas please ??

Loom and switch gear is phase one 205... anyone have a new stalk or one in good working order - need it sorted asap for MOT test next week...

jackherer

The direction indicators are wired through the hazard switch and sometimes the switch causes problems even when the hazards work fine. Try turning it on and off while indicating and give the switch a wiggle as that sometimes completes the circuit.

jimmi

Cheers jackherer will try that. It is a brand new hazard switch I sourced some months ago...I'm a numpty !.. when I think back now to when I fitted the switch tight- home into its dash aperture the indicators went boo-ga-loo..must checkout the wiring to hazard switch :unsure:

Edited by jimmi