• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lahondal

Power Estimation?

lahondal

Hi all.

Im finishing a 205 turbo 8v project and im waiting to the mapper to give me a date to take the carnto him and get the machine mapped.

Its my second aftermarket ecu but my first modified engine as the previous engine was a nearly stock Gti6 engine with only ITBs and a slightly hotter inlet cam on it.

It mades 162cv at the fly after mapping (with my "street done" map, and 174cv before mapping, which is a (in my opinion) a low value, althought the engine was not refreshed and cames from a scrapyard to the car as it is.

This mades me have some doubts on the mapping.

Now i have to send this car to the same mapper and i would like to know a approx value of the power the engine should have, for reference, as i lnow there are many turbo 8v engines in the forum. I would like to know if the mapper is doing a good job or its ok to move to another mapper.

The engine specs are:

-Fully refreshed xu10j2te engine, (rings, bearings, etc)

-Custom ex manifold with 40mm ID primaries, non equal lenghts (1-4 long, 2-3 short)

-T28 turbo from a nissan 200sx.

-60mm downpipe and exhaust all straight pipe from front to rear.

-DKZ cam.

-Front mount intercooler, 2" inlet pipes.

-Megasquirt engine management.

Plan to run on 1.1/1.2bar max boost, depending on the power result (be gearbox limits this).

What do you think?

Thanks!!!

Edited by lahondal

wicked

Think 240bhp @1.2 on a realistic RR and mapped properly..

Maybe limit the torque/boost a bit around 3000rpm to get a flat torque line. Saves your clutch and you'll get a nice predictable engine to drive on the limit...

Edited by wicked

lahondal

Ok, if thats true i think we will keep it below 1.2 al least the first races.

Will be driven be a newbie rally driver.

wicked

Mine does 220bhp @1.0 with similar spec, but TT manifold and td04hl and vems ecu.

Use detcans during mapping...

lahondal

I think the mapper have a good detonation detection method.

I have an audio amplifier connectdd to a knock sensor and works fine.

colti

Hi all.

Im finishing a 205 turbo 8v project and im waiting to the mapper to give me a date to take the carnto him and get the machine mapped.

Its my second aftermarket ecu but my first modified engine as the previous engine was a nearly stock Gti6 engine with only ITBs and a slightly hotter inlet cam on it.

It mades 162cv at the fly after mapping (with my "street done" map, and 174cv before mapping, which is a (in my opinion) a low value, althought the engine was not refreshed and cames from a scrapyard to the car as it is.

This mades me have some doubts on the mapping.

Now i have to send this car to the same mapper and i would like to know a approx value of the power the engine should have, for reference, as i lnow there are many turbo 8v engines in the forum. I would like to know if the mapper is doing a good job or its ok to move to another mapper.

The engine specs are:

-Fully refreshed xu10j2te engine, (rings, bearings, etc)

-Custom ex manifold with 40mm ID primaries, non equal lenghts (1-4 long, 2-3 short)

-T28 turbo from a nissan 200sx.

-60mm downpipe and exhaust all straight pipe from front to rear.

-DKZ cam.

-Front mount intercooler, 2" inlet pipes.

-Megasquirt engine management.

Plan to run on 1.1/1.2bar max boost, depending on the power result (be gearbox limits this).

What do you think?

Thanks!!!

Did you build a loom to go with your Mega squirt?

I've always stayed with standard ECU but the rebuilt original XM loom has never fitted particularly well...