• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

DSYKES5500

Fitted the sunroof washers supplied by Tom Fenton. The old ones were a bit past it by the look of them :D

20200731_170410.jpg

Doc 205

Fitted a horn switch, as my stalk is knackered.

A3F48FF2-1E73-4DBB-BADA-84807A1CA40A.jpeg

Mac Crash
On 7/20/2020 at 4:37 PM, welshpug said:

if you haven't lost any rollers it'll be fine, mark where the tripod is so it goes on the same splines again then knock it off, slip a new boot on and reassemble.

cheers min... pretty sure I haven't lost any rollers thanks for that!

Edited by Mac Crash

Mac Crash

been meaning to do this for a very long time, finally removed beam from road car.

2Ia6Vsa.jpg

time honoured method of releasing siezed torsion bar that's been neglected.

O6omtqW.jpg

O/S axle clean but still scrap, and nothing compared to the N/S axle...

KvHSuJH.jpg

Think it's fair to say this is not a good sign...

uYICEvP.jpg

But it makes sense to me now, because the N/S arm was toe'd in so badly that it was visible by the eye, couldn't figure out what was bent, but obvious now.

Hopefully, the beam tube can be saved.

jord294
9 hours ago, Mac Crash said:

But it makes sense to me now, because the N/S arm was toe'd in so badly that it was visible by the eye, couldn't figure out what was bent, but obvious now.

Hopefully, the beam tube can be saved.

I wish you luck with that. As experience tells me you'll be needing a new tube

welshpug

it would be possible, but not worth it as a one off unless you are an engineer that doesnt value their own time

Tom Fenton
12 hours ago, Mac Crash said:

been meaning to do this for a very long time, finally removed beam from road car.

2Ia6Vsa.jpg

The bit I'd have done differently would be to leave the brake lines attached and carefully remove the caliper and brackets and feed it all off the beam as you remove it. No need to deal with bleeding the brakes and the typical snapped bleed nipples then.

Tube I'd agree is probably scrap, but looking at the photo you have a few others to one side.

Its not a bad job to bore and sleeve the end housing.

karabas

After 4 years, she's on the road again. Passed TUV at the first attempt. Still lots of things on the to do list.

IMG_0911.jpg

• Like 1

Thijs_Rallye

Swapped my GAZ coilovers with Bilstein grp. N's with Eibach springs, but as usual the car put up a fight. The CV boot had a little hole and was weeping grease. After removing the shaft from the car and removing the boot it appeared to be my old nemeses, the (*&@^!% tripode :(.

Mac Crash
On 8/10/2020 at 6:12 AM, jord294 said:

I wish you luck with that. As experience tells me you'll be needing a new tube

I'll let you know, Andy, hoping to get it cleaned up tomorrow and see.

Mac Crash
On 8/10/2020 at 8:51 AM, Tom Fenton said:

The bit I'd have done differently would be to leave the brake lines attached and carefully remove the caliper and brackets and feed it all off the beam as you remove it. No need to deal with bleeding the brakes and the typical snapped bleed nipples then.

Tube I'd agree is probably scrap, but looking at the photo you have a few others to one side.

Its not a bad job to bore and sleeve the end housing.

I did consider that, Tom, but then I want to have a closer look at the lines under the car, also rear sill needs some welding so will need to remove fuel tank... I've never changed the brake fluid in all the years I've had this car so not a problem.

Bleed nipples on the rear calipers are free now, took my time and was very careful, to be honest though never had an issue with Peugeot's - same can't be said for Renault, that was a disaster.

Yip, worst case, I have some spare tubes that are good, cheers!

If you were closer I'd have you put the new bearings in for me, I'm friendly with the lads next to me though who service rally cars, not much they can't do between them so not a problem.

bacardincoke

Just turned 120000 miles... Also thanks to another forum member, managed to pick up a a new horn button for the Momo.

120109.jpg

cdm.jpg

cdm1.jpg

cdmbutton1.jpg

DSYKES5500

Tarted up my brakes :D

20200922_135239.jpg

Krash67

Fitted these, now working out the mod for the bonnet to close:D

0C46B9C6-F178-4122-9C0F-CE2FB709A2CA.thumb.JPG.06f4d4324baec5c7914fc473f1eda66c.JPG

• Like 1

205Rallee

Decided to face the task of removing a cracked exhaust manifold, for the first time in 33 years. I had the blow torch and Dremel at the ready and low and behold all 8 of the original 10mm nuts just spun off with a short 1/4” drive ratchet and stubby spanner. I’m still in shock!

C2229DE5-31EF-4B28-8AF8-2B640D4268F1.jpeg

Edited by 205Rallee

Telf

I've had an earth shattering time in mine. its been raining for days and generally dont drive it in the wet... so today started it up - drove round the block until it was warm and parked it up again- rock and roll!

boldy205

Refitted the exhaust manifold after sending it off for ceramic coating in March. Then continued with the satchshift installation.  

Is there a bracket that bolts to the bulkhead for the main pivot, does anyone know?

I'll get a pic up later!

Cheers! Its cider time!

Tom Fenton
3 hours ago, boldy205 said:

Refitted the exhaust manifold after sending it off for ceramic coating in March. Then continued with the satchshift installation.  

Is there a bracket that bolts to the bulkhead for the main pivot, does anyone know?

I'll get a pic up later!

Cheers! Its cider time!

The only thing that attaches to the bulkhead is a ring with 2 tabs that carries a boot to stop road and engine noise coming in.

boldy205

Thanks Tom. I seem to have an L shaped bracket coming from the top of the main 'tower' (the part that is bolted to the subframe)

I'll try and get a pic, nothing on Google shows what I'm trying to explain. 

SweetBadger

There is on mine, must be a later addition to stop a heavy handed gear shift from bending the main pivot point mount.

bolts to the top of the pivot point and to the bulkhead.

The older (now bent) one from the crashed race car didn’t have this.

AlexRS2782

Not much progress on mine but the Bilstein suspension i'd ordered in early Septmber (and was then told 2 weeks later the order would be delayed due to Covid / production delays & might not turn up until late '20, early '21) turned up out of the blue on Friday last week.  Nice surprise for a change.

Not that i'll probably be able to do anything with them for a while (apart from add to the box of parts waiting to be fitted) as i'm sure anything i end up planning will end up scuppered again, just like earlier in the year, with BoJo announcing more measures shortly to restrict movements, etc.

Edited by AlexRS2782

boldy205
11 hours ago, SweetBadger said:

There is on mine, must be a later addition to stop a heavy handed gear shift from bending the main pivot point mount.

bolts to the top of the pivot point and to the bulkhead.

The older (now bent) one from the crashed race car didn’t have this.

Thanks for the confirmation on that.  I'll get drilling!

barneys66

Bought another one!

My other 205 is too nice to use on anything other than tarmac, so bought this tool to try my hand at targa rallies (whenever they resume).  Plus, it's got some nice bits like a Quaife diff and Satchshift (plus an engine without a hole in it) which will be donated to my white one once I've itched the scratch.

Not the prettiest, and lots to do in preparation, but a reasonably solid base for fun times..

50462961503_905ea769d1_h.jpg

50463824377_b967da5eb9_h.jpg

50462961368_84adf3c525_h.jpg

50462962083_805ab8d389_h.jpg

Telf

Removed the radiator as its failed **sigh**

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1603122714663_6723984014605922957.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1603122733175_6723984092248078892.jpeg

Wallby

Just finished fitting new big end bearings (as a precaution), extended baffled sump, extended oil pickup and an oil cooler to my mi16. Hopefully this will help stop any oil surge.

Noticed that the crank bolt wasn't torque'd to spec so going to change the bolt for peace of mind, can this be done with alternator pulley and timing belt still in place?