• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest flat-eric

Twin Fans

pug_ham
i think i'm gona do it. even if it's just for the look. i'm also toying with the idea of twin k&n,"one per wing" custom induction kit. i wana make the car look and sound aggresive but not stray to far from the standard look it's dropped 60mm as it is so look's ace! i wanna make a one off front end and smoothe the boot lid and get rid of that red strip on black trim and smooth it over and respray the lot.

i'm also going for standard rims but in gun metal grey wiv a polished rim.

oh and got rid of the spare so a duplex twin box zorst is on the cards.

any wya thanx for the help boss. happy new year.

I can't be arsed to read this topic so I expect someone has already pointed this out but hey.

Go buy a nova and stop ruining a decent car.

:rolleyes::PROFPMSL!! :P:D

Graham.:)

Guest flat-eric

FFS :rolleyes: wot the hell have i started?

Johnnyt has got the rite idea, looks nice too mate.

Did u jst leave the mesh out of the grill then? look's good with the Seat splitter to!

I think i'm just going to ignor all you "girl's" call me a boy racer? sooner that than bitch about others in a forum!!! :P:P:D

Anyway it's my pug and i like it! Sod what you lot say!

Thanx for the Pictures Jonnyt, That's all i was looking for to see if any one had done it. Thanx.

j_turnell

This is getting childish. Yeah many people have their own opions the main 1 that 205s look best standard and i agree. But naming the poor bloke a "boyracer"and "go to maxpower" seems completly stupid. He only asked a question, instead of writing abuse why not help him instead. That gives a very good impression of the forum doesnt it. :rolleyes:

Guest flat-eric

than you j! i've only had the car a week and heard the reputation that cars got as it is. "there boy rcer cars" this one bloke said. Johnnyt's does look good though you got to admit, it's very tidy.

Mine's a bit grubby, need's some tlc :rolleyes::P:P:D:)

she's my new pride and joy, spent 6 hours putting copper brake lines in today. Now that's love :wub:

RichE

Group hug?

:P:rolleyes:

Guest flat-eric

i'm working on that at the moment. it aint bad for £400 on a j plate.

johnnyt

That was my old 205, There is mesh in the front grill but you cant see it at that angle.. The car was pretty much standard, Was lowered slightly, the ibiza spoiler just visually lowered it a bit more..

Pic of it when it was finished :-

post1.jpg

Guest flat-eric

looks good mate, like the new look lamps to! i gota get me one of them grills. :rolleyes:

Rob_the_Sparky
Blimey!

Deja Vu or what. This double fan subject has appeared a couple of times now and still ends in a girly argument.

Any way, I did post a circuit that I nicked from the 205 turbo diesel (which I used on my car). It was pinned up by Rob The Sparky (I think) so should still be around somewhere.

True, the 205 cooling system is very much so up to the job. Like everyone else who found themselves in a traffic jam after a fairly quick run in hot weather, I noticed the temp rising quite high. Not high enough to cause concerns for overheatiing though. I was more concerned with the heat soak and more so of the increased expansion of the now very old water pipes.

These were my own concerns, founded or not I don't care. The fan was there so I fitted it.

Air flow through to the engine remains just as good from what I can see on the temp guage. I haven't nipped out quick whilst driving to check it though I must admit. The fact that the fan will spin due to the air being forced in reduces the blocking effect anyway.

Once again I think people need reminding 'each to their own'. It's your car, do with it what you want. If you really object that much, offer to buy the thing and keep it safe in your own garage.

Lastly, have you noticed that the guy has not posted for a while? He's probably concluded we're all a bunch of bitching twats (at the moment he's right). The only thing that get's on my tits atm is the fact he uses text all the time but I'm sure we can cure that.

:)

Its probably in the archive area now, seems to me the best way of doing it but not the easiest but figure you can get all the bits off a scrap diesel.

Rob

P.S. Its not just the turbo diesel that is wired up like this, it is all diesels. 2 fans in series = slow speed, 2 fans in parallel = high speed.

Guest Simon_205GTi

me and ed1.9sorrento made a twin fan for his 1.9....worked well, hiding the wire for the second fan was a bit tough, but all worked ok in the end...

we painted the fans silver looked class IMO

Sign in to follow this