• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
e30m3

Removing Brake Compensator

e30m3

Has anyone removed there brake compensator?, I've got the rear beam off at the moment at was looking at removing the compensator and replacing it with a t-piece and at some point soon adding a bias vlave.

Is there an off the shelf t-piece i can use and can anyone point me in the right direction for getting one

Thanks

Andy

chrisj21

I may be wrong but arn't brake compensators there to do a job? therefor removing them would cause a problem?

there is a sticky thread about this.

on the other hand rallydesign.co.uk will do all you need.

Normski

I got rid of the compensators on my car (1.9). And just replaced them with straight pipe and unions each end. (I know the 1.6 has a different pipe layout)

I got them from my local motor factors, they had all different types of unions, T-pieces etc. B)

e30m3
I may be wrong but arn't brake compensators there to do a job? therefor removing them would cause a problem?

there is a sticky thread about this.

on the other hand rallydesign.co.uk will do all you need.

Yeh the brake compensator adjusts the braking power to the rear when the car is loaded, The bias valve i fit should take care of this though.

Sign in to follow this