• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McCann

Citroen Berlingo Cwp Into 1.6 Be

McCann

Hi all,

Does the CWP out of a non turbo diesel berlingo fit straight into a 1.6 BE gearbox?

Is it much lower than whats in it at the minute?

thanks again

welshpug

yup, depending on age you may not be able to use all the be3 gears due to the differences to be4, dont know what the cwp is specifically but if you get the code i can see what servicebox says

McCann

did all 1.9D's come with BE3s or do they vary, is there any way of telling the difference between BE3 and BE4?

cheers :)

welshpug

itll be stamped into the casing

McCann

thanks again

dee205

As far as I know the mk1 DW8's came with BE3 and the mk2 with BE4

Have you got a box yet?

McCann

no not got a box yet going on the hunt tomorrow, do you know where i could get one handy enough? cheers

dee205

no not got a box yet going on the hunt tomorrow, do you know where i could get one handy enough? cheers

Aye. I can get you a half a dozen if you want. Have a box here from a 205 diesel too if it's any use.

McCann

Thanks damian got sorted out with the gearbox, cheers man

dee205

No bother!

Glad to help.

mollisk

The main thing to note when fitting a c.w.p. (secondary shaft) from a later BE4 to gears from a BE3 gearbox is the arrangement of splines used to locate the 3/4 gear assembly.

Additionally, I have found that it is best to obtain a gear box from a Partner to obtain a 4.9 :1 c.w.p.

Regards,

KevM

dee205

Berlingo and Partner are the same van bar a few cosmetic differences. Engine & box are identical. The BE3 box you have has a be4 bellhousing. I'd say this was done when someone wanted to fit it to a hdi. The diff end however was stamped be3 but as it had a be4 cwp it would suggest this was also swapped over. The only reason I can think is they had busted their hdi be4 box and had a be3 lying round to which they built a hybrid mix match from it and the remains of their old one.

There is still plenty of boxes here though so give me a shout.

Damien

welshpug

I doubt anyone would have swapped the casings about like that, I have two gti6 boxes here that have BE3 on the bellhousing and BE4 on the main casing.

DW is the same bellhousing as the XU/XUD in most cases, some have a be1 style clutch arm, especially the TU and DV variants

Anulfo

So if i can find a DW8 box from a berlingo/partner then i can use the c.w.p in my BE3 gearbox?

alync406

From the ones i seen all the berlingos/partners with the DW8 engine have a BE4 box which your 3rd, 4th and 5th gears wont fit onto.

You will need to find a gearbox out of a berlingo/partner with the XUD engine. I think these should have a BE3 gearbox.

welshpug

you'll just have to use the BE4 gears instead, later XUD's have the BE4 boxes, though these are pretty rare in the vans as most have the dw engines.

McBoeuf

Can you buy the partner 4.9 cwp new from Peugeot / Citroen?

Sign in to follow this