• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mtechmatt

Bike Carb Conversion On A Hill Climbing Gti

mtechmatt

Cheers, didnt take too long map, these 205s love the advance, has to be said!!

Miles

They always have liked advance on the 8v's my std 1.9 in my CTi made 136bhp on a RR day a few years back, same thing as ever most people moaned about low reading's, I was quite happy

petert

The reason they like advance is because they're so inefficient.......

An excellent result however. I really didn't expect they'd be that much difference.

Could you please expand on what your NODIZ ignition is? I've long been an advocate of MSD and M&W ignitions.

ie

input trigger?

mappable advance?

correction tables?

output - cdi, msd, etc.?

number of output channels?

tach output?

mtechmatt

Pete,

Ok here's a breakdown of the Nodiz Pro..

It can support 36-1 or 60-2 with inbuilt differential VR decoder (no need for external modules just runs straight to the crank sensor)

16x16 mappable advance based on TPS or MAP, with user definable speed and load sites

Correction tables based on Coolant, and Intake Temp

Output is direct drive coil drivers, so a signal to ground, which would run an MSD system fine.

2 at the moment (for wasted spark) but I am current working on a 3 channel system for 6 cylinder BMWs.

Yes, tacho as well as 2 more programmable outputs 9Shift light/V-Tech, Temperature based also ie water injection on turbo charged engines)

Comms are via bluetooth so you can map with laptop or Android phone, as well as use android phone for data logging (GPS as well)

Launch control upgrade board available which allows you to fit a pot to the dash to have variable constantly settable launch control/no-lift-shift

Its still being worked on (right now in fact), so if there's a features you would like in particular I can add them, pretty much at any time. For more information check out www.nodiz.co.uk Its not complete yet but it is under way :) Download the manual for a more in depth look at features, again, it is being added to all the time...

Thanks., Matt

And thanks for the feedback as well guys.

Edited by mtechmatt

petert

Exciting project for you. You may as well add a few more channels for fuel.

jbarnes

Well done Matt

Just got the results in the sunny Balerics,... Looking forward to giving her a good hiding on Friday before loading up for Wiscombe. superb result as expected. Please give my thanks to the team and the efforts they have put in, lets hope we can see a result in the CSCC Oulton Park meet in October!! Bespoke camshaft grind and head gas flowed next? :D

mtechmatt

Pete,

There will be a feaul upgrade board that features 2x injector channels for a nice compact management system. No 'killer' features beyond the usual, just a straight forward 4 cyl injection/ignition ECU. Should be fun :)

Jason,

See you friday, shame I can't be at wiscombe, will be attending gurston the following weekend however.

Matt

mtechmatt

Roll on Gurston tomorrow! The Pug is out again, going for a new PB!

Anyone else going to be there?

Matt

stu8v

Pete,

There will be a feaul upgrade board that features 2x injector channels for a nice compact management system. No 'killer' features beyond the usual, just a straight forward 4 cyl injection/ignition ECU. Should be fun :)

Jason,

See you friday, shame I can't be at wiscombe, will be attending gurston the following weekend however.

Matt

Mmmm

That could be right up my street, I'm on the home straight now and will be looking for management soonish.

Need a guinea pig. LOL

Edited by stu8v

Miles

I'm there and all being well the get the class championship in the bag, I see in your class your up against it big time, One reason why I've left that one alone so far

Baz

Mmmm

That could be right up my street, I'm on the home straight now and will be looking for management soonish.

Cut out the middle man and just get a Microsquirt.

mtechmatt

Seeing as its better than a microsquirt and not megasquirt based AT ALL, wheres the middle man?

I'm there and all being well the get the class championship in the bag, I see in your class your up against it big time, One reason why I've left that one alone so far

Like :)

jbarnes

Congrats on the c/ship Miles! Definately a tough class in mod prods up there but looking forward to 2013 already, got another trip to Matts place shortly for few more mods. Do you do Wiscombe? Are you running the 205 next season? Next time your at Gurston pop across and introduce yourself..

Miles

Depending on how my other 306's go (Will be 100% better) it might go into Modded in 2014, At least next years title will be easy with over 250bhp on tap

Never to Wiscombe, Too close to my Mum :ph34r: , I tend to go if I do over to the East at Lydden Hill, Brands Hatch etc

Schumi

Hello Guys.

I have a friend with 205 1.6 gti. That cars engine wiring is cutted for an unsuccessful swap and megasquirt installation. Dont ask why you did original wiring.

So now we want to make yamaha r1 carb conversion on that engine. We can fabricate intake manifold easily but I want to ask how can we use our original

ignition system with that carbs and factory ecu.

mtechmatt

Hi,

You can use the original system though we saw a 13bhp gain over the OEM distributor setup using our new NODIZ Pro ignition controller... See the full story here:

http://nodiz.co.uk/tech-typicalinstall205.html

Matt

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this