• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dandanger

Speed Sensor Gti6/be3

dandanger

does anyone know where i can find a speed sensor thats mechanical for my speedo yet electric for my ecu hoping it will sort out low end jerkiness ... any links would kindly appreciated.... i think i have an be3 box but is there any tell tail signs so i can be 100% or do sensors fit in all boxes equally

S@m

Best get down the scrappy - The sensor is easy to spot because it has both an electrical plug and a hole for the speedo cable. Most likely found on phase 1 306's and citroen ZX's in my experience.

Sam

EDIT - i see what you mean now, the way to tell if its a BE3 is that it will have reverse below fifth/next to fourth - unless its a 6speed box, in which case its definetly a BE3 anyway.

Edited by Sam306

EZ Tutty

Have a search on ebay for 616024

Should be able to get a new one for £15 or so

Fairly sure they fit BE1 and BE3 boxes.

Edited by EZ Tutty

dandanger

thanks guys item now bought hope it will sort out my low speed jerkyness

Miles

Doubtful I'm afraid as it's more to let the ECU the car is moving or it sort of comes on Cam so to speak, without them they do run fine

dandanger

dammit i was hoping this would sort it out.... think a clean of the throttle body may help... then clean up connections... grr i want a garage its getting cold out!

dandanger

Thats just what i needed! thanks

Sign in to follow this