• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

205 Rallye 1.9
Steffen Hi-Speed
By Steffen Hi-Speed, 09/27/2013
  • Country Denmark
  • Color P0WT Alpine white
  • Year 1993
  • Short Description One of the last road registered Rallyes in Denmark. Has been resprayed by a previous owner (cheaply by the looks of it). It shares driveway space with a bianca white 1994 series 1 106 Rallye 1.3 with a TU5J2 engine.

Pictures are from the seller and show it in "as found" condition. It's already looking a lot better :-)
  • Car Type / Usage Road car
  • Engine & Gearbox DFZ engine similar to the CTI and Gentry. 105 bhp once upon a time. The DFZ apparently has pistons with less of a dish than the normal pistons in the DKZ engine, the 8.4:1 compression is due to the huge combustion chambers. So when and if the head gasket blows maybe I'll replace the head with one from a DKZ engine which should result in a compression ratio of around 10.5:1
  • Suspension & Steering According to the previous owner it's been reset to stock height. It sits on some eBay-licious Super Performance dampers. The rear beam has been been restored, the wishbones replaced. I had to replace one front strut hub since the balljoint hole had become oval.
  • Brakes Standard GTI 1.6 setup,discs front and drums rear. Widest front track of any 205 :-)
  • Wheels & Tyres The car came with Cyclone 15" alloys from a 306 GTI-6 wearing 195/45-15 Toyo Proxes T1-Rs.

In the winter it wears 6x14 Michelin steels from a 106 Rallye S2 with Yokohama S.Drive 185/55-14s.

I also have a set of C5 alloys with Toyo R888s for it.
  • Bodywork & Exterior Original Rallye front spoiler and arch extensions, reproduction PTS decals from eBay France.
  • Interior & ICE Period Blaupunkt with CD-player, original seats long gone. It came with 106 Rallye S2 seats, but I have now fitted some black/red 90's seats from a GTI 1.9.
  • Comments & Plans Get rid of the rust, and finish rolling restauration. Funds permitting Bilstein Cup damers and Eibach lowering springs. I have som Speedline SL-434 6.75x15" in stock for the summer.