• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stef205

[car_upgrade] Stef's 205 Gti6 Conversion And Tidy

stef205

Boost pipe between the inlet and inter cooler, it's on the standard pulley -15% will find out with a boost gauge before I start to drive it, although I do have a -17% pulley if needed.

(null)

cheesegrater

Ah right I'm thinking of running a 2:1 ratio so standard pulley is 127 iirc and then using a 63.5 pulley on the blower. Didn't want to over do the blower rpm.

stef205

Limit will be set @7000 a mini crank pulley is bigger so im revving it slower. Only time will tell what boost it gives

(null)

• Like 1

stef205

Well I have great news she runs! Although the intake on the charger makes hell of a noise not sure if this is right or not, have checked and filled front and rear with extra oil just incase it was something to do with that. Belt isn't overly tight nothing unusual anyway. But all in all smiles all round :)

stef205

Got the correct belt and tensioner on it today. Anyway here's a short video

th_369b48f2.jpg

Few issues with the tensioner but that's down to the bracket being bent slightly

• Like 1

damo

Finally

running mate :-) nice sound so I hope your pleased with the noise it makes.

stef205

It's making all the right noises at the moment. I'm waiting on a 2.5bar map sensor then should be good to map

(null)

stef205

great day today, went for the first drive drove very well for a base map, all the credit goes to guy at omex tho great chap really knows his stuff!. Had a issue with the map sensor turns out it had to be wired different but fired straight up once sorted. certainly fun to drive, Scared a kid sh*tless as i changed gear and the dump valves went off. Car certainly draws attention mainly due to the high pitch whine. Try and get a driving video tomorrow, and book a mapping session. :D

stef205

As promised a little video gentle drive on base map, 5th of sept mapping is gives me time to sort everything out, plus with work as busy as it is I don't get much time on it at the moment.

th_91d09df4.jpg

Drives quite well on a base map, got a new tensioner pulley to fit as bearings have given up but apart from that every thing is going well. :D

damo

love the sound mate :) so any better than the standard gti6 lump at the moment even on a base map ?

stef205

Yeah torque is unreal, I can only give the engine light load at the moment.

(null)

allanallen

Good man!!! :)

You got a slippy diff in it yet? You'll want one ;)

stef205

Not yet i haven't I'll add it to my forever growing list!

(null)

stef205

deleted the link like a tit to the video above and cant edit so here goes again.....

th_f7af22f6.jpg

stef205

Small update got a tensioner pulley made with sides to stop belt movement at high rpm.

83a8583a.jpg

I now a huge gearbox oil leak to sort even tho it had new shaft seals etc.

(null)

stef205

Well today is the day the car is currently sat on the rollers.

(null)

allanallen

Well today is the day the car is currently sat on the rollers.

(null)

Ace, keep us posted stef!

stef205

She made 205bhp on 3psi not sure why only 3psi but there's no boost leak, I'm thinking about another pulley fitted. Maybe a -19% pulley. Either way still nice to drive and happy with the out come for now.

(null)

allanallen

Summet wrong there buddy, your pullied up to make at least half a bar! I realise mines an Mi but I'm spinning the charger slower and making over 8psi.

I'd check your cam timing, although It's a lot of boost to be blowing straight out of the exhaust.

allanallen

Just thinking, did you alter the piping to the vac pump? Your not blowing any boost into that are you?

stef205

Nope no boost going into the vac pump does seem strange, as you said I was expecting to see half bar of boost really

(null)

chipstick

Was nice to see this in the flesh Sunday.

You've certainly put some serious work into it Stef. The whine is.. subtle :lol:

I noticed a couple of puzzled people wondering what the whining noise was as I followed you through Cheddar gorge.

• Like 1

stef205

Thanks dan,

Yes it often puzzles people, ive had a few people stop me and say something like "your cambelt or aux belt is to tight" etc. Hopefully the whine wont get much louder once the smaller pulley is put on.

Although it didnt look much the inlet itself took around 12-14+hrs to build. Yours sounded pretty lairy too lovely noise to be following. :)

stef205

today i dug out the new pulley for the supercharger, im hoping to send the charger off to jon speed racing next week for them to fit it. Spoke to them last week and was shocked at the fitting fee, £10 to fit and around £10 to send. Very nice chaps behind the phone. I didnt fancy taking on the job my self as my luck id break something :ph34r:

So the current pulley size is 65mm which according to jon speed is the standard pulley. The new pulley measures at 54mm

64ADB713-AC63-40BF-9BEA-6AB77C159616-682-00000082F7A8982F_zpsee0cfca1.jpg

66597055-1FB4-4DB3-B991-E30129A8FAA1-682-00000082FE6D8BDE_zps6e75c768.jpg

Sunday i had a lovely day with others at cheddar gorge, first meet for the 205 and first long distance travel under boost.

Was nice to put names faces to cars, Good chat, among a great scenery!

Even a nice time to grab a few pictures together even if Anthony did disappear half way up the cliffs to get his :lol:

Ended the day with a nice carvery, highlight of the day was explaining to justin the meaning of "Car park accessories!" :lol:

all in all a great day!

34FC1EC9-C000-492B-AE9B-46D05C8641F5-15931-0000123F75EE1119.jpg

• Like 1

stef205

today i took the car for a 4 wheel lazer alignment at protyre in exeter, steering wheel was off centre afair amount, and pulled slightly.

Any how 15mins later i came away with this

8CD1B8CE-AB4B-4AA3-9541-8CD01FA4EA29-3688-000003AF7D649971.jpg

my only concern is the camber, being that one side has half as much more than the other side, i was expecting negative figures from the 309 arms and beam. But nice to see the axle isnt showing any signs of wear and the results showing the numbers as it should.