• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

changingman

Terminology? ?

changingman

Hi , what is meant by Tacho Signal wire and ECU Tacho o/p??

I'm asking as I've got a tacho driver so I can get a rev counter that works , but the "wiring diagram" that was supplied only says four things on it.

I can work out where 12 v and Chassis Earth go????????????????

Cheers

Liam

changingman

Before my miniscule brain melts would the tacho feed wire attach to grey pin 112b on the brown 205 plugs and the ecu tacho o/p attach to the red wire (426) on the 19 pin gti6 ecu??

dobboy

That sounds about right.

I take it your tachco converter is a type that converts the signal from GTI6 ecu to suit the 205?

And not the type that you take 4 signals from the coil packs and convert them to suit the 205?

changingman

That sounds about right.

I take it your tachco converter is a type that converts the signal from GTI6 ecu to suit the 205?

And not the type that you take 4 signals from the coil packs and convert them to suit the 205?

That's the one , just four wires in total, but I hate anything to do with cars, I'm a bricklayer Edited by changingman

dobboy

That's the one , just four wires in total, but I hate anything to do with cars, I'm a bricklayer

They're maybe not the best car's to own if you don't like jacking them up :lol:

changingman

This is my eighth one but my mate Steve used to do all the work and I payed for the trackdays, but he has a different job now so I have to learn!!

dobboy

This is my eighth one but my mate Steve used to do all the work and I payed for the trackdays, but he has a different job now so I have to learn!!

Treat it as a new life skill :D

• Like 1

changingman

Treat it as a new life skill :D

In enjoying it for the most part!

dobboy

Good to hear. I enjoy it for the most part too, thing that puts a dampener on it for me is not having a wide garage, not having a real ramp, and i used to get caught short on tools. Also when i've had to work outside in winter which was hard going at times.

I don't think there's much that's impossible with a 205 for non-mechanics though if you have a little savvy and more importantly are determined enough, there's usually always help here on tap if required. :)

changingman

Good to hear. I enjoy it for the most part too, thing that puts a dampener on it for me is not having a wide garage, not having a real ramp, and i used to get caught short on tools. Also when i've had to work outside in winter which was hard going at times.

I don't think there's much that's impossible with a 205 for non-mechanics though if you have a little savvy and more importantly are determined enough, there's usually always help here on tap if required. :)

Oh yes , I've had nothing but help from everyone on here and it's the reason that I never got rid of the car if I'm honest with you.

I'll put my hands up to knowing next to nothing , but I don't bodge things, ill do my research and do them to the best of my abilities as it's me that's got to drive the damn thing on a track

So, thanks to all of you