• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

changingman

The Elusive 426!

Miles

Depends on loom, Cannot remember which one you have but the Ph1 had a 2 pin JPT by the ECU plug for Diagnostic's which only used the oil pressure sender and no Oil temp wire, later ones where the other way around, No oil pressure but oil temp

• Like 1

changingman

Depends on loom, Cannot remember which one you have but the Ph1 had a 2 pin JPT by the ECU plug for Diagnostic's which only used the oil pressure sender and no Oil temp wire, later ones where the other way around, No oil pressure but oil temp

You know I don't understand any of that miles haha! !!!

changingman

You know you need a big rubber pin to hold the speedo cable in the speedo drive housing?

I'm pretty sure the warning lights should all come on at ignition and go off when it starts.

The oil temperature/sender wire must be just flapping about and hitting earth (sending the gauge to full)...... easy job if you can identify the wire, have a sender fitted, and can get access to it :D

Oh lordy , I just thought it pushed in and the rubber seals held it firm!!!!

What's this pin thing then and where do I get one????

welshpug

google is an awesome tool....

:P

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peugeot+speedo+cable+pin&safe=off&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiroKnoju3UAhULmbQKHWimCVMQsAQIJw&biw=1536&bih=686

you'll get one from a breaker, forum member, or a dealer for about £3, its the same part on the MA box, but it'll need to be an older vehicle as most from around 95/96 onwards had fully electronic speedometers.

dobboy
the speedo drive has a hole on the side, and when the cable is seated properly you put this through the hole on the speedo drive and it holds the cable in place.

welshpug

the speedo drive has a hole on the side, and when the cable is seated properly you put this through the hole on the speedo drive and it holds the cable in place.

double the price of a dealer item, £6 more than one from a breaker.....

changingman

Well boys , I'm shocked, why don't they just say when you're buying a cable or a drive , oh by the way you need this too.

Robbers. Hahaha

I presume it goes in the little hole on the side??

I will just jam a nail in it . Lol! !!!

post-9565-0-92063500-1499087598_thumb.png

Edited by changingman

welshpug

it does go in the hole yes, as you can see from the images the pin is tapered, it only fits from the larger side.

a nail will not work.

unless its a stepped rubber nail....

• Like 1

changingman

Oh and I suppose I have to take the cog out of the old drive and put it on the one above and probably have to buy something else for that too! !!!!!

Good job I'm a pretty calm person isn't it!!

changingman

I wasn't going to bodge it with a nail by the way hahaha!!!

jackherer

why don't they just say when you're buying a cable or a drive , oh by the way you need this too.

They assume you still have the old one that was holding your old cable in.

The problem you have is that your car is modified so nobody really knows what parts it needs or doesn't need without having a look.

changingman

They assume you still have the old one that was holding your old cable in.

The problem you have is that your car is modified so nobody really knows what parts it needs or doesn't need without having a look.

I don't even know what it needs mate hahahaha

Did I mention it's bloody quick! Lol!