• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Alan_M

Will A Be4 Dw Box Fit An Ew Block?

Alan_M

As the title, will a BE4 box (or more accurately, the casing) from a 206 HDi fit an EW block?

I have a box from a 206 ECo HDi in my garage, where I was going to swap the internals to a 306 HDi box casing rendering the 206 casing spare. I'm giving serious thought to using an EW10J4S in my 205, but I have no matching box for it. Could the 206 HDi fit the EW block?

If so, can use the internals from BE3 boxes in the 206 BE4 casing?

Can you convert the hydro clutch to cable clutch using the Berlingo bits? Or do the BE1 bits fit ( I have a spare box in the garage!).

I know the easiest way would be to try it myself, but I'm a little hampered right now!

Edited by Alan_M

welshpug

I believe the DW10 bellhousing is XU/XUD pattern, though from a 206 is at 15 degrees.

BE stuff is mostly interchangeable bar some 5th gear end bearings on the output/pinion end are a different o.d, so you need to use the BE4 bearing, these are used in the high torque boxes so there's more material between the bearings.

BE4 shafts are also longer so you need the BE4 end cover I believe.

to convert a hydro box to cable you need the clutch arm from a cable BE4 and the bracket, iirc not shown properly on servicebox but if you look at lhd applications you'll find it.