• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
K20205

Does This Driveshaft Look Out Of Alignment?

And

The shafts have a slight off angle anyway, but not much you can do about it if it's where the engine and box needs to be at but as long as you have minimum of 5-6mm of plunge and a max of at no point of the balls of the inner joint coming out of the joint housing you should be ok but that is through the full suspension travel so I would take the springs out and check. Ideally it should be between 5-20mm but I have that much travel I have to allow a bit of a different method I don't have that much plunge but a lot of angle so can bind up although it's not Honda power it's same plunge measurement techniques.

Edited by And

K20205

The engine is placed as far back as it can go,

Ive even tilted the engine to get the shafts inline but i cannot get them dead straight.

I dont want to run into complications when im turning corners and the shafts bind.

The inner tripods are going to be placed halfway through the cv joint so it alows movement of both sides inwards and outwards.

Thanks

Edited by K20205