• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Fuel Relay Wires

davev

just a quick question.

while robbing a fuel pump relay off my track car for a mate, i noticed that one of the wires had split and just wondered what its for. because from as far as i know the car worked ok while it was broken. i crimped a connector on but the battery is dead so i cant find out what difference it makes.

only way i can describe it is its no 31 on the relay, thin white wire, and if that dont help then imagine the relay pins looking at you.it would be the bottom right.

best i can draw from the top of my head.

_

l _ l

l l l

cheers. dave.

cant get the lines to stay spaced out. so abit of imagining required

Edited by davev

mickie

isnt their only one thin white wire ? i think its the fuel pump live after the techy

davev

so would that couse runing issues? as im sure it was running ok without it.

pug_ham

The wires to the tachy relay aren't split near the plug at all.

Unless someone cut into it when fitting an alarm or immobiliser previously.

On the loom I have out of my car there isn't a single thin white wire, all the white wires are quite thick.

There is a thin yellow wire (#32A) which is the ignition switched feed that closes the relay, I think with this missing or cut I don't think the car would run.

Graham.

davev

i meant split as in broken in two. :D and the only reason i called it thin was because im sure i saw a thicker white wire going to the relay(could be wrong though).

does any one know what no31 on the relay or bottom right corner on the diy pic i posted is for?

cheers.dave.

mickie
i meant split as in broken in two. :D and the only reason i called it thin was because im sure i saw a thicker white wire going to the relay(could be wrong though).

does any one know what no31 on the relay or bottom right corner on the diy pic i posted is for?

cheers.dave.

what picture did you post up before ?

sounds like your loom has been played with.. you need all the wires to the techy to be pluged in to make the car work i would have thought..

but if that white wire has been cut in two something has been modified to make the car work

pug_ham
what picture did you post up before ?

best i can draw from the top of my head.

_

l _ l

l l l

I think thats the pic dave means. :D

The tachy relay doesn't have any wire #31 going to it. The wire going to the pin 31 on the relay case is actually wire #M32, an earth wire which on the loom I have here is green with a yellow stripe.

Graham.

post-71-1166396867.jpg

post-71-1166397603.jpg

davev

ah. cheers pugtorque. thats a quality pic. the wire thats broken is no31 on the relay spot on. in the other pic it would be the top left hand corner <_<

on this car the wire going to it is befinatly white though :D (its a phase 1 if it matters, relay ocated by the headlight)

when i get the battery charged i will see how it runs with and without it.

dave.

pug_ham

If it doesn't run without it try bridging from that terminal to the chassis & see if that fixes it.

If it does you just need to wire an earth in. (I think you'll need it).

Graham.

Sign in to follow this