• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddy_gti6

[Trackday_Prep] 205 8V Turbo Track Toy

welshpug

looks interesting!

this is the bit I was after

10784632664_f7d7a76d83_z.jpg10784642954_f61754f006_z.jpg

eddy_gti6

Ah yeah i forgot about that, Give me 2 mins i will go hunt through my pile of plastic.

Looks like i have just gone and bought myself a set of next to new GAZ GHA coilovers B)

eddy_gti6

Sorry mate i have just about everything but that part

james20588

Hi mate I am also doing similar conversion what gains do you get from using gti inlet and 1.9 cam ?

eddy_gti6

1.9 gti cam has slightley more lift and duration and the gti inlet gives a better torque curve fr9m what I have been told, thats with the standard 48mm throttle body but I am upgraiding to an S16 throttle body what is 67mm if I remember fight what will allow more air in and should work better with my bosch 440cc injectors and TD04 turbo. Hoping for around 250bhp

james20588

Ah a see sounds good is there much modifying inlet manifold to make it fit ?

eddy_gti6

Yes as the gti inlet has square ports on so they need to be opened up and rounded off to suit the turbo head. Took me about an hour with a dremil bit on a compressor but im fussy and wanted it to be as good and smooth as I could get it. Then you will need to have a throttle body adapter plate made up so you can bolt the throttle body to the inlet as its not a direct fit.

eddy_gti6

You can see here what needs doing, Not alot to come off but you need to try and get a nice smooth finish so try port into the inlet as far as you can so you dont end up with a step from the square inlet to the bit you have rounded off to suit the head. I will pull my inlet back off when i get time and get a photo of it finished.

20131104_183259_zpsd5f554eb.jpg

20131104_183249_zps9c512dd0.jpg

Edited by eddy_gti6

james20588

Looks good how did you go about making throttle body adaptor plate ? thanks for advise great project you've got ????

eddy_gti6

I havent yet. Still waiting on the throttle body to come. Will update when I make one tho mate

eddy_gti6
Bored tonight after work so decided to do something different and make myself some black masked headlights B) only got one done at the minute as its quite fiddly buy quite pleased with the out come. Dont think they will be too good at night but dont really plan to use the car in the dark anyway.

20131113_014909_zps61da12c5.jpg

rallyeash

lights will be awful, I tried this about 6 years ago on a 205. you'll be able to see more using your hazards

• Like 1

eddy_gti6

Haha I wont really be using my car at night, mainly on track so lighting shouldnt really be an issue unless I do a track day in the dark?

rallyeash

Mot?

eddy_gti6

I can fit standard lights for mot if any issues but sure that can be worked around ;)

stef205

For mot purposes there legal as long as it doesn't effect beam pattern, which I'm sure it will effect it. If you want blacked lights you need the projector lights.

eddy_gti6

These will be fine as said above, the car wont be used in the dark. i can fit standard lights in for mot no problem at all, just basically have these for looks to be honest and most likely will only run 1 of them if any on track anyway

eddy_gti6
Yesterday i received my S16 throttle body from miles. Not a lot bigger than the standard one but every little helps and its a lot easier to fit to the GTi inlet as well.

Also finished my headlights off and rested my intercooler on the front of the car. Think i may have to get rid of this one and maybe buy a low boost cooler. Unless there is someone wanting to swap ;)

20131113_121659_zps5a6c6fec.jpg

20131113_121857_zps2942bb56.jpg

20131113_112803_zps080f85d5.jpg

welshpug

lol, that's far too big for a 205 8 valve turbo, have a look at what Tom Fenton and Henry yorke run.

eddy_gti6

I know that why I am thinking about buying a low boost gti6 cooler. Got any links to their cars? I know a few people who run evo coolers and seem to be fine tho?

stef205

Geeeezz!! That thing is huge! Abit ott, have a look on my thread at my intercooler it's just a cheap toyo sports one, build quality is fairly good. You'll have massive lag with that cooler

eddy_gti6

Am not keeping it, just what I had lying around. Al have a look when I am home. Quite fancy a forged low boost cooler off a s/c gti6

aldworth33

This is coming along well, next time I'm down at my mams in county Durham I'll need to have a look at this!

eddy_gti6

Your more than welcome to pop round for a look mate.

aldworth33

Cool she's at shildon so will prob down next month