• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Bilstien's For 307

DRTDVL

Hello everyone,

The gf's car has just failed its WOF (like your mof) for leaking rear shocks. I've been looking at the B4's for her as its just a daily driver basically.

Anyone had any experance with them?

The cars running a set of H&R lowering springs and was wondering if it might be better over all to go for the B6's or would the B4's be more than fine?

Batfink

The B4's are an OE equivalent. If the oe ones were ok then just replace them. If the h&r's are not too short a spring you should be ok

Edited by Batfink

DRTDVL

The factory setup on a 307 was very floaty hence the stiffer H&R springs. I was kinda hoping that the B4's although oe spec would be a better shock that the factory pug one. The H&R's are only a 35mm drop which is bearly noticeable on the 307.

I'll have to see what they are priced like locally, as from what I can see shipping from the UK / Euro will kill any cost benifit by ordering them overseas.

welshpug

I've driven a 307 xsi and it certainly wasn't floaty, though not harsh, try proper o.e dampers?

DRTDVL

Well in NZ the OEM shock from Peugeot is $368 nzd each, the B4's are a 100 day wait.

Ended up going for a Koni STR-T which were $190 nzd each

Her last car was a 96 Mirage Cyborg RS - so most things where going to feel floaty compared to that, my 306 S16 felt soft and squishy compared to it. The 307 is still running the factory shocks in it.

Henry Yorke

A lot of 307 wallow is in 15" tyres and even the 17" are on 50 profiles. I noticed a huge difference when I ran some 180 / Atlantis wheels with 40 profiles briefly and they also had the benefit of a slightly wider width and offset over the 307 Challengers.

My 307 runs on Eibachs springs which are quite road friendly and give a nice ride. I have 2 new front shocks to go on but these are original Peugeot ones as they were pretty much used throughout the range, even on the sportier models as I looked into if there were any upgraded ones.

The only other option is to consider some estate rear shocks as they will be a bit uprated over standard.

Have a look at this post: http://pscuk.net/threads/70780-307-Shock-absorber-upgrade-suspension-overhaul

Looking in Servicebox, almost all Mk1 307's (based on 5dr saloons), which were 5202 CY (Left) and 5202 CZ (Right) for standard

TU engined ones had different shocks, but EW and DW ones were the same.

Though there are 5202 HN (Left) and 5202 HP (Right) for the DW10BTED4 (136bhp) ones

Heavy duty is 5208 H7 and 5208 H8

For the Mk2's:

All had 5202 CY (Left) and 5202 CZ (Right), even the DW10BTED4 (136bhp)

Later EW10J4S (180 bhp GT / Feline) ones had 5202 HK & 5202 HL

However I Estates seemed to have the 5202 HN (Left) and 5202 HP (Right) shocks. Logic says the Estate ones will be uprated over standard as they are designed for a heavier car.

307 HDI 2.0 90: 5dr = 1260kg Estate = 1328kg

307 HDI 2.0 110: 5dr = 1296kg Estate = 1359kg

307 HDI 2.0 136: 5dr = 1427 kg Estate (SW) = 1567 kg

(must be the 6 speed box and extra valves)

So to conclude:

The majority of 307's share the same front shocks. Estates may be an uprated option compared to hatchback ones, but in general springs dictate this so they will not be the sole difference.

DRTDVL

The koni's are being fitted on Friday, and i'll look at doing the front's once either i get some money to throw at her car, or she can afford it.

I can't remember the name of the 17's we have on her car - so here's a photo with the H&R's fitted.

andrea-3.jpg?t=1282553149

Edited by DRTDVL

DRTDVL

After running the Koni's on the 307 for a while now i can safely say they are an UPGRADE to the factory spec shocks. I can definitely feel the difference between the front and the rear bump control - the rear is also a bit firmer.

I would highly recommend them, they match the H&R's really well and i feel the ride has improved in the rear since we did it, i'll look at doing the fronts in the near future.