• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Bleed Nipples

yorkshirekowboy

been looking for ages on the search for the size brake nipples i need for my rear brake calipers, also i have my 1.6 spare bendix calipers so anybody no the size i need, for my rears and my 1.6 fronts? thinking going stainless steel :)

thanks

pug_ham

M7, same for Bendix front or rear calipers & possibly Girling iirc.

Graham.

yorkshirekowboy
M7, same for Bendix front or rear calipers & possibly Girling iirc.

Graham.

jees, been really hard to get some bleed nipples, none of my local motor factors have any, plus ive seen some on ebay for the 106 i believe and they are same, and asking 5 pounds each. is that how much you guys pay or can you get cheaper ones. found a place on ebay that sells bigg red brake stuff, they have m7 listed but they asking to tell them the total thread length.

Atari Boy

I got mine from Bigg Red direct and they work a treat.

Bigg Red

miamichris

I got mine from ebay, stainless steel ones from a guy with a shop sellin stuff for motorbikes..someone posted a link on here ages ago but I can't remember who it was?

yorkshirekowboy

ok, so what size did you buy? and wat total length?

miamichris

cant really remember, as I said someone posted up the link and sizes needed (might have been WP?)..pretty sure it was the M7x1.0 for the rears an M8x1.25 for the fronts as mine's a 1.9 so has girling fronts..I'll try to find the topic for you though, hold on a minute

miamichris

what a memory, it was Welshpug!

here you go, as I said M8 fronts M7 rears, i'm rebuilding rear calipers at the minute too :rolleyes:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...l=bleed+nipples

Doesn't actually say the length for the fronts in there, just that they're M8 but the guy only sells M8x1.25 so I assume thats the right size, I haven't refurb'd the front calipers yet so they aren't fitted to confirm its right!

Edited by miamichris

yorkshirekowboy

ace thanks for the quick reply, wanting some for my front 1.6 bendix calipers, pretty sure they are m7's too 1mm pitch same as rear?

welshpug

exactly the same bleed nipple :rolleyes: peugeot/citroen part number 4428 13, should be able to get some easily enough, same caliper used on a vast array of euro hatchbacks.

edit,; also used on the bosch caliper on the front of many later cars.

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this