• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jrod

Clutch Upgrade?

Jrod

Right my clutch is now on it's way out and slips badly.

I can change it myself easily as I've done 2 gearbox changes and that only took me 2 hours last time.

The thing is I don't want just to swap for another cheapy 180mm clutch as I'm hoping to get a decent amount of power out of the car.

Stu told me you can put a saxo 200mm clutch on but I just wondered if this fits straight on?

Will I need the VTR or VTS kit? I'm assuming all the bits would be the same/fit without butchering (thrust bearing, clutch cover?)

TU3S btw

Edited by Jrod

j_turnell

I would imagine you buy a saxo flywheel and clutch kit and bolt it all on. Make sure you use thredlock on the flywheel bolts ;)

Rippthrough
I would imagine you buy a saxo flywheel and clutch kit and bolt it all on. Make sure you use thredlock on the flywheel bolts ;)

I think you can just get your original flywheel machined out to take a 200mm clutch, I think the 180mm flywheels are lighter too so that's a bonus.

-Phillip

christopher
I think you can just get your original flywheel machined out to take a 200mm clutch, I think the 180mm flywheels are lighter too so that's a bonus.

-Phillip

I seem to remember that the TU3 flywheel weighs in at 3.9 kg's where a fully lightened TU5 one is about 4.5 kgs

Sandy has machined TU3 flywheels to use a 200mm clutch.

I'm planning to use a TU3 flywheel with a 180mm Helix cutch. The pedal pressure is supposed to be almost the same and the rating far over what I will need (171Nm 126lb Ft)

Jrod

I think I'm just going to stick with a 180mm for the time being. I have a spare engine and will keep the flywheel to get that lightened balanced + ready to take a 200mm clutch.

Edited by Jrod

Jrod

Right just wondered if anyone can tell me if a 106 1.3 rallye rallye clutch will fit? (their are some listed as 1.3 rallye and ax gt so I assume the rallye lcutch fits the TU3S?

Edited by Jrod

Sign in to follow this